Register now to get rid of these ads!

Urgent truck stolen at hotel austin texas urgent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotroded, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You guys may already know this...but if you go to www.craiglook.com you can see every vehicle that is listed on craigslist nationwide. I already did a search for your Chevy with no luck, but it's bound to be posted at some time.
    Hopin for the best.

2. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

With the huge HAMB community in Austin, doesn't anyone have some political clout in that town??? This is making the Austin PD look like total asshats.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

if the hat fits.....................

4. VoodooChile

VoodooChile

One other thing worth mentioning to the owner:

If the value of the car is at least $1,500 but less than $20,000, the thief is guilty of what Texas law calls a "state jail felony." The penalty for this class of crime is a jail term of between 180 days and two years, a fine of up to $10,000, or both. The name for this class of crime comes from the fact that the criminal will serve his time in a jail rather than a prison operated by the Department of Criminal Justice.

If the car is worth at least $20,000 but less than $100,000, the theft is a third-degree felony, punishable by two to 10 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000.

So in case the cops find your truck, make sure you have "receipts" totalling over $20,000.00 to ensure the fucker goes to the STATE PEN instead of some pissy jail.

If you lost any of the receipts, I think i may have some copies of your receipts here I can send you.....they will add up to over $20K, I promise.

5. supercharged_scottsman

supercharged_scottsman
    from Galveston

I will keep an look out down near the Gulf.....

6. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I got reciepts for your truck too;)

read post 906

7. It seams now a days COPS are only good for DUI or tinted window tickets...Come on Cops its a chopped 5 window pickup .....Not a honda civic...If it was a doughnut shop they would of found it already...

8. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

If they want to leave it somewhere and let me know where it is the window is closing. The detective im talkin to seemed ok and wants this guy on a felony so has to do things right.Some judge would not issue a warrant. Im close and if i have to go down and make probable cause i will.If the truck decides to take the guy out so be it.

9. i keep coming back to check your progress. ive a feeling this will be resolved in the near future.

10. joel torres

joel torres

[​IMG] the plot thickens
    hit that relative with the info on with the reward money

11. Paul B

Paul B

12. Also MIke, if your looking for something to work on till the truck comes home, I got a cowl from a 28 Essex in the back yard you can have, just come and get it. It's not in that bad of shape, I am confident that you could build something cool from it. Mitch.

13. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Castle Laws extend to your vehicles.....

an excerpt of said law...
    not encouraging bad or aggressive behaviors .. just so you know the laws...

14. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

Thanks Mitch Im not ready to build anything yet.My eyes are still messed up from my little dance w/the devil.I have my PA permit they have reciprocity with Texas. Not that it will come to that.

15. 4406

from Oklahoma

Sounds like your getting close. I'm always checking this thread. good luck,If you get it back and need a safe spot on the way home let me know.

16. 32ratsass

32ratsass

Been watching this one for a while. Sounds like you're getting close! Can't think of anything bad enough to happen to the assholes. Best of luck with your search, and hope it ends soon. Wish I lived close enough to help get it back!

17. 10hr bump. It sounds like it's getting closer!

18. Ford blue blood

Ford blue blood

Not holding my breath but things are looking much better! Mine was recovered because a concerned relative of one of the bad guys turned him in and it was in the "shop" with about six other cars. Mine was not the center of the turn in, just a by stander waiting it's turn.

19. Griznant

Griznant

Walker, Texas Ranger doesn't need "probable cause"! Give him a call. :rolleyes:

Hope you get these douchebags!

20. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

one more time while we wait for some good news

21. Been quiet, think something's up....

Bob

22. sled

sled

I Got the feeling that we're gettin closer ....bumpity up

23. tick tock tick tock

24. 1lowtrk

1lowtrk

My tipster's not talkin wont give me the name.LooKs like im gona hire a PI. I need a good one. Or go to austin myself.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  25. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Police department can be irritating. I was a victim of Identity theft, they had the guy, but wouldn't press charges. They wanted him on something bigger. So he left the state. Only thing good was I couldn't refinance the house. Got divorced a few months later, everything was in her name, and I saved a bundle. Perhaps some new posters? Let thief know you know he has the truck in Austin. State that it has been painted, and offer a reward. Also, get to Austin, find some local HAMB'ers and hunt the Bastard down. Show up on the tipster's door step with a crew, perhaps go to the PD with a crew. Eventually they'll figure out you are not giving up. Good Luck

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

dont give them too much info..keep your enemy un-informed what you know, element of surprise..
    seems they probably already know too much about what you know, and the snitch needs to be feeling really uncomfortable right now..more so from the owner of the vehicle than his"friends"..If you catch my drift?

that snitch needs someone on him every day..without him knowing..'cause he will lead you right to it..it may already be too late for that..if he knows your sitting on him he wont move

keep your friends close, and your enemies closer..and make sure the cross hairs intersect at a vital;) figuratively speaking

dont let the snitch up..he needs to feel the leather on his neck

I want to see this issue come full circle

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  27. big creep

big creep

keep the heat on! post the tipsters number! that way we can all bug the shit out of him, or her!

28. You don't have to answer this but I sure hope your tipster isn't a member here who had some involvement with this...and on the flip side if they are on here I would hope they would man up and do the right thing. Best of luck with this mess...

29. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

I could be wrong but isn't there some sort of law about not cooperating in a police investigation? Or have I just watched to many crappy movies in my day? :rolleyes: It's a thin line but I think he could be considered an accessory to the theft.

30. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Break his legs. That'll make his ass tell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.