Register now to get rid of these ads!

Damn Hoodlums!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, Oct 4, 2010.

1. ajwhiskey51

ajwhiskey51

And you better not get caught with Illinois plates!

2. gregga

gregga

3. Isn't Enumclaw the town where they had that "funny farm", where people were doing it with the farm animals? LOL :D:rolleyes:Maybe the cops just hassle the hoodlum hot rodders, because they don't want to see what else is going on around them.:eek:

4. Don Lyon

Don Lyon

Gotta throw this in, 1958, I have a 48 Plymouth we had just installed a 55 Plymouth V-8 ( 270?) at Woffords garage just outside Wapato WA. It was an ass-kicker. I left Toppenish one night and WSP pulls me over. I hadnt done anything,so I'm thinkin' WTF,O? He does the license / registration thing, then says "Can I look under the hood?" Said he'd seen the work while it was at the shop and wondered how it turned out. A month later, I'm in Bellvue, get stopped by local LEO"s, searched, patted down, car gone thru, told to leave,we didnt live there thusly had no business in Bellvue. I ain't been back.

5. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Makes me wonder what kinda party they were goin to.

6. I'd pull you over in an instant!

7. TomWar

TomWar

That's the way it was for me in NorCal in the late 50's.

8. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I've been hassled in your home town of Auburn. Something about the burbs south of Seattle. Renton, Tukwila, and I try to stay the Hell out of Kent.

9. 58 cadisled

58 cadisled
    from Duncan, OK

that sucks man.. i know how you feel though i was driving my 58 cadillac got pulled over because the cop thought my bright light was painted blue anf flashing but its painted green and it was around noon on a sunny day. im 17 though , that never helps.

10. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Watch out in Wendover during Speedweek if you're driving a newer vehicle with out of state plates. They wont hassle the Rodders 'cause they bring in guys like me, but I'm fair game. I got a ticket for a headlight out. I had a spare bulb in my car and offered to fix it there and then, but she said "No, here's your ticket". less than 12 hours later I was pulled over again for expired registration. it was August, and my tabs said August. He pointed out your registration has a date on it and mine was August 8th. meanwhile there are some real Ratty Rods zipping by with no wipers, or windshields, no horn, bumpers, and open headers. The real kicker was when I got home I got a letter from their police asking me how my experience went, and did I find the court house easily enough? I fired back a mean one and told them what I thought about their police dept. and practices. Like I'm really going to come back for a court date....

11. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Driving soutbound on Rainier Ave back in about 67 or so. Amber light and I jumped on the gas as I went through the Boren Ave intersection. Geez....cop RIGHT there...pulls me over. He's standing there with my license in his hand, when two cars go SCREAMIN' by us heading same direction. He says "it's your lucky day, son", tosses me my license and takes off after the other guys. Things like that just don't happen enough.

dj

12. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

13. 62catalina

62catalina

Got pulled over a while back for speeding, officer says where you going in such a hurry, i told him my wife ran off with a state trooper about a year ago and i thought you were bringing her back.

14. WTFHemi

WTFHemi
    from Austin

got to tell you we have it real good here in TX, even small towns. seems like the only issues ive seen are cops that want to check your ride out at dinner, gas, etc. I've got a 64 polara big block, 61 t-bird, and hemi powered model A.

15. thats just to funny, one of these days i would like to see that truck of urs in person

16. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

I got pulled over last year cruising home because they said my tail lights were to "dark" and my car was to low and ended up with a DUI lol

17. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

Try driving through Pacific at 4:00 a.m. on a Saturday. Driving my roadster wearing a hoody and stocking cap. I was on my way to the gym before starting work.
    Pulled over for weaving on 167. Cop said he smelled pot when he stopped me...Some of my coworkers recognized me in handcuffs as well as sitting in the back of the patrol car. Got a few text messages over that. The good part was when the kid Cop found a double headed dildo in my gym bag. Another "buddy" put it there as a pretty good joke. Wish I had the dash cam video of that one.

By the way, I'm 51....Never too old to be a Hoodlum

18. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

I never get harrassed in my truck. I have gotten away with a small burn out leaving the mall by the local townies (revenue generators) with a " don't do that here, go on up into Charlotte."

I lit up the flame throwers on a bike cop in Myrtle beach, He said "cool." and kept on going.

I get away with much more in my old truck then when I drove my mini truck back in the day.

Try not to look like so much of a trouble maker next time.

19. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

umm, if that is true, the dui part, that not funny ... seriously

20. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

I get the left turn part, but the second and third cop especially, now that's just being a dick. No one from out of town will want to eat there or even drive through it...on a much different note, we don't see many traffic stops around me, one lives 2 doors down, he has a noisy bike, hope he wont mind my noisy truck when it gets done:D

21. belair

belair

You must not have driven to Georgetown and gone west on 29. Williamson county, Liberty Hill, Bertram and Buchanan Dam. It's a 45 mile speed trap.

22. 73super

73super

Ahhh.. this is the thread I was looking for. I think this thread is bad mojo! After discussing this yesterday I got NAILED this morning! I was doing 10+ over (1 block away from work) and got nailed. Was totally respectful and he kept it at 10 over. He said if I go to "traffic school" I can keep it off my record (it's totally clean right now.. or was that is). So it's off to traffic school (add $100 to the cost of my ticket $113).. Some mornings it just doesn't pay to get up.. ya know?

23. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Its sittin along side of my house fillin up with rain water. See it before it melts.

24. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Two-fisted sister twister?

25. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

Got a $120 ticket last month for window tint of all things on the daily driver. All I could think at the time was, what the heck is he pulling me over for?! Then turns out they don't accept checks, must be money order or bank check!

Someone else said it right, with today's economy, law enforcement is using "stop and collect", rather than "serve and protect" in many cases to pad their budgets:p

26. RichG

RichG

I was sitting behind this woman in a pickup, the light was green, she wanted to turn left but was afraid to cross traffic (she'd had plenty of chances). Finally I'd had enough, pulled around her and started into the intersection. As I looked up I realized the light had turned red when I was pulling around her. Panicked, I stomped on the gas to get out of the way of all the traffic. The ass end of my Cherokee tried to get in front of me, so there I was, red light, sideways, powering across the intersection.

I make it through the intersection and down a couple streets towards home when suddenly I see the lights behind me. Shit. I pull over, get my papers and wait. The deputy comes up to my door, visibly pissed with one hand resting on his pistol holster. He YELLS at me, "WHAT exactly did you think you were doing back there!" I told him what I'd been thinking and had done, admitted I had panicked and that was why my jeep was power sliding through the damp intersection. He took my information, went back to his car, found out I had no tickets, came back and gave me a warning. He was seriously pissed, but I was polite, honest, and contrite.

I guess my point is, normally, the cop is a good guy just trying to keep folks safe. There are some assholes parading as officers, but they are the exception, not the rule.:D

27. RichG

RichG

Was your tint too dark? The Law is the Law, not the cops fault if you broke it... just sayin':p

28. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

I sounds as if you think of yourself as a "victim" and that your ticket was just to create funds.
    Well, it sounds like, to me, that you got a ticket for breaking the law.

Everyone today is a "victim"...geezus...everyone who gets their house foreclosed on is a "victim".

Oh, brother...the law is the law and if you can't afford to buy the house, don't buy it.

Why is it that guys that break the law and get caught, they are the "victim">
    The law doesn't pertain to you?
    You wouldn't hear such excuses from "the Greatest Generation".

29. Amen Brother!!!

30. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

Whenever I got pulled over by the local Barney Fife, I used to remind him that the side of his car said "to protect and serve" not "follow and harass"!!