Register now to get rid of these ads!

Haunted cars ......from the grave to life.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Midnight 50, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Scariest part of the whole thread :D

Spooky likes this.
  2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    ha. that IS scary!

Spooky likes this.
  3. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Was it's name Chucky?

4. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Having had two near death experiences, I look at things a little differently. My Father bought a used 1955 Ford convertible in 1968. The car was ordered new with every option. Ordered for the Ford dealer's daughter to drive to High school. The car was a light pink color with a hot pink and white interior. My dad was very proud of that car. The car had fairly low miles on it and was always kept inside. It was very dependable and always started, even after sitting for months. It was January 1st, 1988. I was out in the shop prepping a truck to paint. I was listening to the Doors "Riders on the Storm", when Mom came out to the Garage hysterical. "My Father had just passed away from a massive heart attack. We decided to use the pink 55 convertible in the Funeral procession. The day of the funeral I went out to start the convert, it was in the shop nice and warm. It wouldn't start. I tried priming it,no luck. The battery went dead. I swapped batteries, no luck. I tried several things and it just wouldn't start. We ended up using the Family Thunderbird. When I got home from the funeral I had to know. Hopped in the 55 and it fired right up. There's a picture of the car engraved on my Father's headstone. Mom decided after things settled down she didn't want any of the cars around. Hauled the convert to an auction in California. That $800 investment brought $12,500 and went to West Germany. Hope it got restored and is being treated with respect. I also live in a haunted building, and have worked at many wrecking yards.

Spooky likes this.
  5. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

I had bought an old wrecking yard that was actually more junkyard, than auto salvage. Rumor was the old man would sit out front in his rocking chair and watch cars going to the dump. If he saw something interesting he would close shop and head for the dump. At the time I was 23, full of energy and clueless about the job I had just committed to. It took forty years for the old man to accumulate the pile he had on two and a half acres. It was mid October when I took possession. A couple friends of mine were here from Chicago, so we decided to go explore my new purchase. It was a cool, damp day and getting near evening when we arrived. The yard just had paths through it, took me a month before I was able to get the first car out. A 49 Ford Woody as I remember. Anyway, the place was about half spooky, with all the overgrowth, and old rickety sheds. We had wandered around for about half an hour, and it was getting close to dark. I suddenly tripped on some overgrowth, and fell on an old crate. The crate split open and revealed an old miniature sized coffin. Scared the Hell out of all of us. It was well designed, and had an ornament on top that said "Our Darling". Obviously a coffin for an infant, very creepy. It soon became a dare to see who would open it. I lost the draw. Slowly I opened it. Thankfully it was empty. Saw the Funeral Director later who explained it was probably a display model that had been hauled to the dump. I later sold it to a weird antique dealer. Came home one day to find my 54 Sedan Delivery had Funeral Coach signs and Landau bars on it. My hired man had found them, and thought that was a great joke. Took me a year and a half to clean up that old yard. Saved many old cars, and had a lot of fun at Swap Meets for years. Also nearly went Bankrupt.

Spooky likes this.
  6. jdj9410

jdj9410
    from Paris TX

I had a modified dirt car that wasn't haunted but I believe it must have been built in a shop that was over an old Comanche burial ground and as result had an old Shaman's curse on it. Most fickle machine ever owned.

7. crap, is it halloween already-what happened to the rest of aug, sept. oct???? I SEE ROD SERLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. freakboy

freakboy

Yes i will tell you the truth.. i am deathly afraid of these damn things... there creepy as hell

And thanks Couldnt think of it at the time..

Spooky likes this.
  9. True story ....

This past June 3rd I was coming into New Mexico along I-40.
    I wanted to visit Billys' grave in Ft. Sumner - so I headed south
    from Santa Rosa.
    (Very cool family run museum & gift shop).
    Made my visit.
    I wanted to take a different route to pick up I-25 south,
    so I headed west along 60 to Vaughn.
    I stopped in Yeso - a really creepy adobe ghost town with
    only a post office in it.
    I mailed a package & continued west towards Vaughn.

Now, I am on the road every day - I see all kinds of shit.
    But here - on a bright & sunny day - flat two lane road
    and nothing more.
    I am driving 55 m.p.h. & an older F-150 with a contractor
    box passes me - NO DRIVER & NO PASSENGER ...

So, I'm thinking maybe the driver was leaning down to get something
    and I missed him :confused:

He isn't speeding or weaving - he gets maybe a quarter mile
    or less in front of me on a dead straightaway and the truck
    just moves to the right shoulder - not steered - just like
    someone pushed it a lane over ....

Then the truck DISAPPEARS over a slight rise ....

Just DISAPPEARS

I look at my GPS and note the time ....

I am at the rise within a minute - no truck ...

No place to turn off - no hills to hide behind - no buildings

Nothing but flat desert ....

The truck is GONE

I look at the GPS & 12 minutes have gone by

In less than two minutes

Footnote: Later that day I came upon a one car fatality? on
    I-25 just north of Hatch, NM.
    The driver left the southbound curb lane and shot a perfect
    gap between the guardrail & a bank just wide enough for
    his vehicle and did a high speed nose dive into a gulley.

Jim

10. rockinokie

rockinokie

I don't believe in ghosts. You can't convince me with stories. When someone gives me a demonstration maybe I'll change my mind...

...although I am superstitious in a weird way. I just bought a 59 flat top cadillac. It has a "built expressly for" badge on the dash with the original owners name on it. When I got the car home I started digging in the glovebox. Found a pair of horn rim sunglass that had a label maker sticker on the inside of the frame with first and middle initials and the O.G. owners last name. I think I may be the 4th owner and the fact those glasses are still in the glove box, means they NEED to stay there. ...along with an old glass bottle of pain relievers that I found. I start thinking something bad will happen if I take them out.

...I'm wierd...

11. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Had an employee that worked for me in the Body Shop. Guy was always in a bad mood. If he came in happy it didn't last long. he eventually died at the age of 42 from a heart attack. I bought several cars and tools from the estate. I keep my shop fairly neat and well organized. About two days after I had bought Bill's tools, his name came up. I commented on the fact I had bought a friction jack from the grumpy old bastard. No sooner had I said it, than the jack fell off of the hooks it was hanging on. I said my apologies outloud, rehung the friction jack, and it has never fell off the hooks since. You'll believe if you ever have a near death expeience. Been there twice.

12. GrizzGang

GrizzGang
    from D/FW

My wife and I were in San Antonio for a weekend "get-away" and not far from the Alamo there are several antique stores that are in these 5-6 story buildings, Kinda a like a downtown setting. In one store we are going level to level looking at stuff and when we got to the top floor I had a feeling of dread come over me and I told my wife lets go NOW! When we got to the bottom and were bying the little trinkets we wanted I asked the lady if there was something about the top floor. She immediatly perked up and said "what did you see". I told her we weren't up there long enough to see anything and thats when she told me that they have several ghost up there and that the store is part of a ghost hunting tour where people come from all over to go on. I'm tell her ,what a ghost hunting tour. Then she explains that there are haunted places all around the Alamo and San Antonio and there is a tour where they load people on buses at dusk and spend the whole night going to haunted places. I believe there are ghost or something in our world. I just wish they would hurry up and find Bigfoot and I'm not talking about the one in St. Lewis.

13. GrizzGang

GrizzGang
    from D/FW

Does anybody remember"In Search Of" with Leonard Nemoy narrarating. That was a cool show. By the way sorry if this post or my last is off topic.I'm trying to be good promise.

14. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

This whole thread is out there. So, it's bound to get a little off topic. Were there at least any old car parts in the Antique store?

Spooky likes this.
  15. GrizzGang

GrizzGang
    from D/FW

Actually yes , I bought a pair if old ford taillight housings for my best friends 55 chevy truck. Wow this just came to mind , one off his psycho girlfriend broke them with bat. She got mad when he said"bitch get off my truck" and can you believe he married her but that ended very badly .

16. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

See, antique store with car parts. Post was entirely appropriate. LOL. Keep the posts coming, it's not even close to Halloween yet.

Spooky likes this.
  17. 51V8

51V8

I bought my 51 from an old man named James beaman. I have had the car for 4 years now and have not done a lot to it. A little here and there. Before I bought the car, mr. Beaman made me promise to never sell the car. He passed away in a head on collision 6 months after we got the car home. To this day I feel that whenever I pass the car or start working on it that he is right there watching over me to make sure I don't get hurt bad. He always worked on his own stuff and this car was one of his babies in the past.

A few times I have been home alone in the garage and feel someone standing behind me. I turn around and no ones there, so I will say hello mr. Beaman and I have felt a hand on my shoulders as I say that.

Keep in mind that this man loved me and my dad. We always stopped and chatted with them, mowed their yard, fixed his cars the last few years, etc. He was like a grandpa to me.

I have not mentioned this to my dad yet but I have a feeling he has the same feelings.

I also talk to old cars that I am working on. It usually helps a stuck bolt or something. It sounds like bs but it works for me

18. MoonshineRoyal

MoonshineRoyal

I always talk nice to my cars when I'm working on them. If I'm working on someone else's car I usually cuss the damn thing out if she isn't cooperating. But I'm always nice to mine.

Lately I've gotten a sense of longing for speed and the road whenever I get close to my '55. I'm sure it is just me projecting my feelings onto the car. Espeically since the poor girl is sitting in the yard with no drivetrain, because I don't have the money or space to work on her properly.

When I was growing up in Wisconsin my friends and I went out to this abandoned house one night. There was a old early 60's Caddy sitting in the driveway, tires rotted away, windows all busted. I immediately felt a sense of sadness and dread when we got closer to the house. There was a perfect circle about 50 yards in diameter around the house were everything was dead. Grass, flowers, trees, nothing would grow in that spot. Plus there was debris everywhere within that circle, old records, toys, and so on. Like a tornado had picked up the house, thrown everything outside and then set it back down again. It was also full of stuff on the inside. The basement was full of unopened Mason jars and there were bank statements left on the kitchen counter. It was really spooky. Like someone had just torn through the house and then just left. Just talking about it now gives me the creeps. I never went back there again.

I also have some stories from when I was in college since several of the buildings on campus were haunted, but that's for another time.

19. Closest thing to a ghost story I have: Gettting ready to go to the bar one night and can't find my wallet. Not in my pants pocket, not anywhere around where my pants were, not in any place I'd put that stuff down when I took it out of my pockets. End up going without it, with an old license.

A week later I find it stuffed in a dresser drawer under some stuff where it couldn't possibly have gotten on it's own, and no where near where my jeans had been laying. After, of course, I had paid $10 to get it replaced. For a while I had two -

The next time it went missing I just asked out loud if the ghost would quit playing around because it wasn't funny. I found it right away -

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  20. Loe

Loe
    from CDA, ID

Not a ghost story but one of a really really jealous car.

I bought a 1961 Ford galaxie off a friend for 600 bucks. He had gotten it from the son of the original owner dorthy something. I drove the car for a few weeks, spent a lot of time keeping it on the road, as it had sat for 10 years or so. Eventually the car became a really reliable driver. Ran fine for almost a year and a half. I had just sold my 32 ford p/u project and a friend was going to sell me a 66 harley, i just had to cash the check from the p/u and head on over. I got half way to the bank and the motor makes a horrific sound and the starter blows up.... I had a used one in the trunk and swapped it on the side of the road. Go to the bank cashed the check and went out to start the car, turn the key...nothing. So i thought i had a loose ground ect. Checked everything, and nothing was foul. Cussed and cussed at it tried starting it a few more times, then finally i looked at the car and told "her" that it was my only car. Hop in the front seat, and it cranks over.

I bought the bike and two days later i was going to a friends shop to work on it, my brand new rebuilt transmission blows up. So i put another rebuilt trans in and drove the galaxie around while finishing the bike. Rear master cylinder starts giving my issues and a lot of other small misc problems. After that, the new trans goes out, So i start riding the bike and just parked the galaxie more and more often. forward 1 year, bike breaks down, i rebuild it and sell to a guy for a small profit. two days later i get the galaxie from southern idaho. Put a new trans in it, and Viola every problem that it had is no longer there (except the trans) Light wiring issues, leaky brake cylinder, radiator ect ect all magically are no longer a issue.

Sold it to a friend, and he has replaced the trans once, and had such huge issues with it, he sold the car to someone else and apparently they've had huge issues with it.

Sometimes cars pick their owners and want it to stay that way.

21. Bert

Bert

There is a famous hearse in sydney that is decked out to carry passengers to go on haunted tours around old places at night. it has a history of freaky things that have happened , Its called elvira...the owner sold all the old inside door trims, when it was decked out, which is embroided naughide...is that how you spell it?...anyway I bought them...there is enough material to do my model A....it smells like embalming fluid, but its real nice......Bert
    http://hearse67.tripod.com/
    http://www.paranormalaustralia.com/tours/destinytourscanberra.html
    http://www.limosperth.com.au/hearselimo/testimonials.html

22. I don't know if many people on this site remember Bobby Issacs, the 1970 NASCAR champion, but below is an article from Wikipedia about him. At Talledega in 1973 his car told him to stop or he would be killed. He parked the car.

According to Isaac a strange "voice" in the car told him to retire from the Talladega race in 1973 because it threatened he would be killed

23. MoonshineRoyal

MoonshineRoyal

This isn't a car ghost story, but still a good ghost story. I remember when I was a kid, about 8 or 9, laying in bed one night and seeing a black figure moving at the end of my bed. It looked like an old woman, wearing a long black dress and a black veil that completely obscured her face. At first I just thought it was my eyes adjusting to waking up, so I blinked. But the figure remained. Now I was getting scared and blinked again, all the while the figure is moving around the end of the bed and coming closer. After the second blink she was gone.
    Later when I was in high school I found out that the pizza place behind our house, used to be a brothel in the late 1800's and there was a gruesome axe murder there. That axe murder happened in what is now the backyard of my parents' house, right below my window.

Spooky likes this.
  24. 1952henry

1952henry

The author wasn't Kevorkian, was it?:eek:

25. GrizzGang

GrizzGang
    from D/FW

Remember the storys about the James Dean Porshe. That car had some bad mojo

Spooky likes this.
  26. It is getting close to halloween, anyone have any new stories to share? I have a 54 nash that is haunting me currently but only because i cant get it sold...

27. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Wow, some hair-raising stuff in this thread. Also some touching stuff.

-Dave

28. ChevyDevil

ChevyDevil

Mine isn't hair raising, just the 55 pulling attitude.

Junior year of high school, my best friend & I drove up to Richmond, Indiana to watch a soccer game. We have a blast and decide to head back south since it's almost an hr drive and its dark and we have school the next day. As we're going through downtown Richmond, all the local kids are cruising around and these cute guys in a nice Chevy pickup yell "Hot girl in a hot car". Well my best friend & I argue for a block or so over which one of us they were meaning. We get to the next four way stop & wait our turn. Right in the smack middle of the intersection she dies, won't turn back over. There are cars at least 4 deep in each direction. Crap. We start pushing and get her in a spot. I try everything I can think of but she just won't crank over. We're sitting in a spot on the wrong side of the road thinking Dad is going to kill me. Call and get him out of bed. He isn't happy. Finally out of nowhere my best friend says "Well ya know she is a hot car." For giggles, I try her again and she starts right up. Call Dad to tell him & he just laughs. She didn't give me one lick of problem the whole way home. I started calling her a her that night. :)

And I find it perfectly fitting that this is post #210 about a 210.

29. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

Most def, devil!

30. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Really cool stories! I havent had a personal experience (thankfully ha) but i remember a while back seeing a really nice 58 Impala for sale for cheap and the guy said hes selling it because the car was haunted and he couldnt deal with it anymore, he seemed genuinely scared of the car and said thats why he had it priced to sell