Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert Car Pile Up HAMB Meet-N-Greet! 2pm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Django, Sep 3, 2010.

1. This is gonna' be fun! See you alls there...

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I saw that and thought what the hell is see looking at.:D
    Mine's not much better.:rolleyes:

Whatever you bring will be fine, the guys aren't picky.;)

3. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Will be there.

4. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

I'll be there!!!!!!! I missed last year because I was a member of the Red Shirt Army. It fun getting spit on!

5. ChevyDevil

ChevyDevil

It's just a toss up between snickerdoodles or, if my cousins cooperate & send me the recipe, Woodford bourbon balls. :D

6. yngrodder

yngrodder

For the Clinton crowd My advise to you is to Be carefull in Moroa !! A small town in between Decatur and Clinton and the cop's like to write tickets,

For Food
    Whits Inn Bar & Grill Real good food,
    Pops, West end of Main Street Bar with Good food, ( They are having a pile up party there Thurs and Sat night,)

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

ooooooooh!

Yeah, be careful through Maroa. We're trying to talk to them about letting up over the weekend, but I doubt they're going to have much motivation since none of the event is in their town. Just watch your speed and don't weave and you'll be fine. It's a very small, eye blink town and you only pas by the edge of it anyway

8. mlbeil

mlbeil
    from Arnold, MO

Looking forward to a shorter drive and warmer weather than last year. Anybody camping at the Progress area on Friday night? We are considering dropping the hotel and just "roughing" it for the one night.:cool:

9. ChevyDevil

ChevyDevil

Sounds like we know Hellfish's vote! And hey, I grew up in one of those little one blink towns. It was great until I started driving and was the only red 55. Couldn't have any fun!

Can't wait for the weekend and did you hear they are now saying upper 70s?? :D

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

I've received a lot of questions about camping at Progress City, so I think there will be a few. Some things to remember:

1. There are NO facilities... no restrooms, no electricity, etc, and the show gates don't open until 9am, so there will be no sneaking in to use a portapottie just inside the gate, because there won't be any.
    2. Fires are ONLY allowed in containers raised off the ground
    3. There is a designated camping area for everyone - RVS, tents, everyone. Look for the giant wind turbine. Camping is under that.

11. gearjam1

gearjam1

I'll be sure the battery in the popup is fully charged, and the porta-potty is stowed. :) 2:00 should be just about the time that my shift ends. Can't wait!!!

12. MaClutch

MaClutch
    from Midwest

I will be a baking up some goodies and sooo looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!!!!
    A safe journey to all!!!!!!

13. mlbeil

mlbeil
    from Arnold, MO

Hellfish, thanks for the info. From the Hunnert site I noticed that they were basic (just a place to drop a tent or open a bag on the ground), that's cool. Unlike gearjam1, I am not going to bring the pop up to this one but, thought that I might grab the porta potty for some added luxury and possibly the small standing weber for a little fire. Plan to make it to Clinton after setting camp (about 5:00 or so), assuming I don't chicken out and stay at a hotel. Looking forward to an awesome time with killer cars, music, and people !! Just like previous years !!

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

I hope you're bringing the car in your avatar. I want to see that up clsoe. :D

15. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

This will be the longest drive I've made so far, hope all goes good. Missed the last m&g due to feeling like complete shit last year.

16. mlbeil

mlbeil
    from Arnold, MO

Yep, it is an ongoing project (aren't they all) but, drive it all over. Was lucky enough to make it to Salina for the KKOA and the HAMB meet and greet there. Got to drag race against Hotrodladycrusr after she thru down the challenge in front of all my buds. Looking forward to the excellent weather this year !! and the closer drive. Be sure to stop and say hi. I am the guy with the long hair and the racing stripe gote.

17. BadApplePinupsINC

BadApplePinupsINC
    from Decatur IL

Man, its been since ?"? Since I've been on here, damn crashed computer. Anywho, me and a few of the girls will be there. Its our home town so sorry to anyone who thinks pinups don't belong at HCPU! We. Are bringing cookies!

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

Forecast is now saying 81*!!!

19. jonly

jonly

I'll be there, driving a 67 in though so I'm spectating. looking forward to meeting everyone.

20. carshowgirl

carshowgirl

Just finished got the car driving Sunday, this is HUNNERT OR BUST!

can't wait to see you all there

21. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Hope it is the Caddy, can't wait to see it.

22. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

Engine-Ear and Mrs. Engine-Ear won't be able to attend.

Instead we will be working in the RediRad booth.

...we're show sponsors this year and there will be SHOW-ONLY pricing! Take advantage of it, kids!

23. 55vickie

55vickie

Me and a couple amigos will be riding the scoots down. I will make the meet and greet.

24. Retribution

Retribution
    from Western PA

Heading out this morning. Look forward to meeting as many HAMB members as possible and seeing some bad ass rides! Bring your camers.

25. ratfinkjr

ratfinkjr
    from Morton, IL

I got to Hunnert car pile up 2 days early yet 10:30 am no 3x t-shirts and 11:30 no mens t-shirts or stickers. How can I get one , Thanks for a good time. ratfink jr.

26. I got a spare sticker PM my your address and i'll send it

27. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

We had a ton of stickers but we did run out of the larger(xxxl & xxxxl) shirts early. We had several large, xl and xxl up until about 12:30 or so. I'm sorry you weren't able to get a shirt PM your address and i'll get a few stickers out to you asap!