Register now to get rid of these ads!

Day At The Drags 2010 A few shots

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RAY With, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

It made a couple a three passes if I remember right.

2. RAY With

RAY With

It was down this morning for service and is back up and running now with all the pictures we took. Sorry for the delay but when its time to work on the server they have no choice. It keeps us in the fast mode.

3. RAY With

RAY With

Aaron we are ready now for another DOD and I remember your car. It had a cool air cleaner and I came back and shot a pic and I believe its posted.Your Dad was hard at it and thats what I like to get candid shots of.

4. jason65

jason65

Cool pics guys.

5. Had another great time at the drags this year, took a friend that had never been to them and as we were leaving he said " I am in for next year." There were some monster cars there this year and seemed like more cars also. My friend PEE WEE's car ( '34 chevy gasser from the '60's ) was running better this year and more consistent. Only took a couple of pics of cars, the '41 Studebaker was parked on one side and the SKOTZ fed was parked on the other side of my friend PEE WEE. I know the Skotz fed and the '32 tow car have already been posted, but they are great cars.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      445 KB
      Views:
    • 008.jpg
      008.jpg
      File size:
      517.2 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      492.7 KB
      Views:
  6. lost rodder

lost rodder

great pics man took mine down the track for the frist time.. im hooked!

7. RAY With

RAY With

I know what you mean and we are looking to have our flatty FED finished for next year for sure and see what I can re learn about a flatty motor. Been making some headway on it and since last weekend I am all pumped up to finish the project.

8. hotrod13

hotrod13
    from Austin, TX

Thanks for the shots Ray. I never seem take as many pics as I would like to at these events, but we can alway count on you to capture the day for us. Great to see you an Amy... hope you can make it to Pistons & Paint.

9. BLAKE

BLAKE

Since we're talking all friendly about how cool SKOTZ is, it's worth pointing out that the black, blown flatty-powered 3W in BJINX' middle pic was SKOTZ' backup car... you know... 'just in case'... :D

10. RAY With

RAY With

I have it in the book for the Pistons and Paint event. We have never been to it so at some point fill us in on the happenings. We like to cover the events and do as many pictures as possible because there are thousands that can't make it. We also have a hell of a good time and get to see our friends. Amy and I are headed to Boerne Friday morning and if you can make it try to come out. Its a good show with many Hamb friendly hot rods. I also got pumped up a little at the DOD and began work on the FED digger I have and the new motor is ready to drop in. Shouldnt be to long now before I can fire it up.

11. Hard Luck

Hard Luck

Yeah, there's quite a few pics of us on there when he was adjusting the timing, etc. Thanks !!

That air cleaner lid was actually a scrap piece we found at a recycling yard ! My dad made the base and we found an air filter that was the perfect size.

We can't wait for next year ! Thanks again for all of the excellent pictures you guys took !

-Aaron

12. RAY With

RAY With

Hell I guess it don't hurt nothing to have a spare 3W back up just in case!!

13. Thanks for the pics Ray. Talked to Skot today and he said the only real damage was the head and he's about ready to go for the next round in a couple of weeks.

Dennis

14. RAY With

RAY With

Thats good news because I was thinking he may have damaged a piston and cylinder wall.I know the head looked nasty where it split.

15. RAY With

RAY With

Dennis ask Skot to post an up date on the damage and keep us informed as to his progress if possible.