Register now to get rid of these ads!

welding a column drop on an Ididit column?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4ever17, Oct 3, 2010.

1. I got a new column from Ididit and I need to weld the drop I will be using. My concern is welding to it with the wiring inside. Any suggestions? Has anyone done it and had a problem? I have emailed Ididit to hear what they have to say and have not heard back yet.

Curious what the hamb thinks...

Thanks,
    Glenn

2. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I did mine....twice actually (first time 7 years ago, second time bout 3 months ago when I changed the configuration of the dash/steering column)

came out fine, no issues, just went slow with the heat and took my time....no pics on my build thread yet, but they will be forthcoming.

3. The reason you probably haven't heard back yet is they have been extremely busy getting ready for their annual show that was held this past Saturday.Probably be easier to give them a call as they have a very professional staff fielding phone calls.

4. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I would have a few fears about welding it,warpage wires etc., ask them though they are very knowledgeable.

5. cal1954

cal1954
    from Omaha, NE

I have done this a number of times as well. Not much to the column. They are easy to take apart and put back together if you are concerned about the wiring inside them. Ive done it both ways and never had any problems.