Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheels and tires on a 36 coupe... This look OK

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lonestarentertainment, Oct 3, 2010.

1. well im in a toss up on what im going to run wheel and tire size on my coupe....i do know im going to run chrome steelies but no tire idea yet. So today while fooling around i decided to pull the front wheel and tire off my buddies pickup and have a looksee what it looked like on the front of the coupe........ it is a wheel vintique 15x4.5 with a 155/80/15..... the car is sitting on stock mustang II spindles, that im changing out to dropped spindles and there is no motor or trans... so it is gonna come down a bunch

im planning on running 15x6's and possibly the same tire in a diamond back wide white

so what do ya think ? does it look ok or what ?

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looks pretty good, but if you lower it too much you might end up with tires rubbing fenders

3. LameExcuse

LameExcuse
    from Renton, WA

I have always liked the really wide white walls. The whites are too small.

4. yeah definatley whites are too small.... i think they are inch and sevan eights..... the diamond backs are 2 1/2 or 2 3/34

5. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

Wide 5's on my '36.

[​IMG]

With original hubcaps.

[​IMG]

6. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

The wheels and tires I originally bought for my 36 project but changed my mind about, unfortunately no pics with fenders.

Fronts: 560 15 bias-ply Firestones and 15" x 5" chrome reverse with Merc centers and tapered rims

Rears: 670 15 bias-ply Firestones and 15" x 5 1/2" chrome reverse, same

Hope that helps.

BTW, (shameless plug), they're for sale. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

I think you need a bigger tire... they're pretty darn small... might look funny once you get the rest of the front end on... like a roller skate?

By the way.... its a '35.....

8. from reading the acticle in Rod & Custom..... jawdrpn36 is running either 155's or 165's (i cant remember for sure) on the front of his car and the blue one that was featured in the same article is running the same

my final plan for my car is to be a happy medium between what the red one and the blue is

Attached Files:

9. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

what do you what for the wheels n tires? will you ship? will you sell just the rims only? pm sent

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

If you are running Chrome Steelies then I would run 5.60's and 8.20 bias ply tires. The diamondbacks look like shit (no need for a thread on bias vs radial). If you going to point the nose down on your '36 then I would say the 5.60's with the 8.20's will look perfect. 5" wide wheels up front and 6-7" (MAX) out back. You could even get away with a cool set of skinny cheater slicks out back....that'd be rad.

For me I like 16" wheels. My car is running 3.5" V8-60 wheels up front and 4" out back with 5.50's and 7.50's respectively.

[​IMG][/IMG]

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

seems like every other day someone can't figure out what tires they like on thier own car.

I don't get it.

12. rick finch

rick finch

Me either.......