Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rat Rod, You Make The Call!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by texasgreazer, Feb 8, 2005.

1. texasgreazer

texasgreazer

2. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Well, I wouldn't call it a rat rod. Besides we don't use that term around here! It looks more like an unfinished custom. I kind of like parts of it.

3. texasgreazer

texasgreazer

Damn I got everyone going on this one didn't I? My opinion: I like the front, the back is to much, the interior speaks for itself LOUDLY, and THE ONLY place for a Toyota drivetrain is under a Toyota................... IN JAPAN.

OH and I'll eventually learn to post pics and links the right way!!!!
    TG

4. I agree with Tragic59 on his post. Actually looks to me like it needs a big ol' bottle of Pamprin cause its retaining water and is bloated in a really bad way. Someone else mentioned that it looks like a lot of the stuff you see in the old little pages, true it does but then I think that by the late 50's Customs were just becoming silly looking, really show car excess-mobiles. I love Stude trucks but I don't care for this one...

Oh god I need to add this, my wife just walked in took one look at the truck and said, and I quote "that think looks like a turd!!!" You'd have to hear her delivery, in her accent to really get how funny it was...

I respect the ability & craftsmanship but not what it is applied to....

5. tragic59

tragic59

I love customs. But I HATE the over the top show customs.

Clean, uncluttered lines make a custom in my mind.

Some people forget that just because they CAN doesn't mean they SHOULD.

6. crewcutkid

crewcutkid
    from m

I like it, unique, would attract lotsa looks.
    -Crew

7. JamesG

JamesG

I think someone started in the right direction with the truck, ie: the front end treatment and the stance, then they went terrribly wrong somewhere. The grill kinda sucks too.

Maybe it changed hands somewhere along the line?

8. A more, uh, normal bed, a decent interior, and it'd rock.

9. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

10. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

tony is a stud... and having riden in that truck and looked at it in various stages, IMHO, its a cool truck. as irony would prove... he could care less what we all thought about it.

11. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

That car is nicely done ~ergo~ it is not a rat rod.

12. Elrod

Elrod

Baddest custom to "ROME" the planet??? Why doesn't it "PARIS" the planet or "WASHINGTON" the planet? And speaking of Woger Wabbit, He's open to any Qwestions you might have.

Be vewwy vewwy quiet! We're hunting wabbits!

Neat look, but under the covers, it's a mess.

13. The motor and interior gotta go, and the rear needs a little work, but I like it.

14. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

hey, i started another thread basically asking about the builder of this truck, I didnt see this one at first.

oh yeah, theres also a couple pics of other cars he has built there too, neat!

If anyone is interested, mine is over here
    vvv
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44170