Register now to get rid of these ads!

OK, what the hell do I do with this one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T.W.Dustin, Sep 17, 2010.

1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

finish it up and just drive it for fun, you already have a real one, just enjoy this one and you won't be out too much if someone wrecks it etc/

2. I have, local aquaintance and HAMB member has one of their "Willys" cars. He has done a ton to make it presentable. Sorry Bob but I can still fit my hand between the tops of the doors and the body!:eek:

3. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I think you answered your own question. Sell it and build a nice garage.

5. Glass car or not..........it beats all hell out of a f&*#%n travel trailer.
    With a little ingenuity, dumping the hideous grill and replacing it with a real metal one, throw away that ridiculous hood and some new relief lines cut into the lower areas as I mentioned earlier the guy could make a decent, mild, head turner out of it.
    Do you think the punk in the sewer pipe equipped Accord next to him at a light is going to notice the difference in the body proportions?
    The lady and her 4 kids in the Caravan mini van will still give him the thumbs up.
    The cute chick driving the convertible Wrangler still might flash him (we hope).
    Hey, I use a glass car for my daily errands, coffee runs and other trips around the village. I'm not particularly proud of it but I still have a lot of fun with it.
    I don't care where I park it, I don't worry about rust, if it gets scratched.....who gives a fu#%!
    Have you ever tried to take your travel trailer to a cruise night or maybe run down to the post office then to the grocery store with it?
    His new coupe beat walking at any price!
    I don't remember ever checking out a travel trailer while moving along at 30mph in traffic but a glass coupe in traffic?
    Who the hell is going to criticize that once your pissing down the turnpike in a flash of cool suede paint with red steel rims and a little mud thrown up on it's sides.

It's plastic, do you think the general population knows the difference?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  6. Racewriter

Racewriter

lol

7. if it trips your trigger, keep it, pretty close to done, why not. there'slways somone out there that would buy it later.

8. big bad john

big bad john

Sell it now.....looks like a money pit to me......if you are going to put money into a rod....make sure it is one you could sell later....

9. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Big Al. Coupe version.

10. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

my .o3 worth . Take the glass off & replace with real steel . Open wheel . Or try to sell & do a shop .
    I LIKE , BOUT LIKE PHYCHO WOMEN .

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  11. Gman0046

Gman0046

To me the real problem is how do you get rid it when your done with it? Your only hope is a newbie who doesn't know any better. If it were me I'd try to sell it before I sunk any money into it.

12. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

I would just put it together with the parts you are getting and I wouldn't worry too much aboutwhat it looks like until it's further along cause, I can guarentee one thing , that if you are like me what ever decision you make you will change your mind over time. As you already know this is a traditional site and the opinions you get are in support of that style, although (I will catch hell here) there are other styles, some which I find perfectly acceptable to me at least.

13. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Sell it. Those cars have a very bad reputation.

14. Weasel

Weasel

So who'd have guessed this is a Street Beast? Looks fine to me and yes, I have a real Henry 1933 Three window coupe, but I still say this one is okay....

[​IMG]

<center>[​IMG]</center>

15. TERPU

TERPU

Throw the grille, fenders, and hood sides in the dumpster. Build a '34 frame with dropped axle, 392 chrysler, 883 OD trans, Olds Rear, Halibrands, and install Plexiglass and good shiny Bob Drake Repop grille and drive the shit out of it. No flat black make it all 60's shiny and cool.

I think I was dreaming a little with your car, the Chrysler will make almost all sins forgiven as you inherited them. Anybody who gives you grief because it's glass just offer them a ride in it. They'll change their mind and need to change their shorts!

Have fun,

Tim

16. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I did the exhaust on one several years ago now. I had a chance to go over it pretty good while it was in my shop. I could not see how anyone could make a NICE car out of it. I can't remember any details now but it was the frame and the factory wiring harness and other things that turned me off big time!! You can make it look pretty on the outside but there is more to a nice car than a shiny paint job and stance. JMHO

I've seen a lot of steel cars that are the same way...nice 20 footers.

17. Energy

Energy

this thread reminds me of a smart a$$ kid one day that told me as I got off my 650 Honda, "I'd rather walk than ride a piece of jap crap! You know what that makes you?, I asked him. An american!, he said. No, that makes you a pedestrian, I told him, meanwhile, I'm riding a motorcycle. :D

Get it running and drive it til someone wants to buy it when you stop for gas or something.
    ;)

18. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Finish it with air conditioning! Then drive it (in comfort) to the mountains when it gets hot.

19. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

OK the Harley fairy came last night and this morning the '34 was gone and this '06 Springer Classic was in my garage :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Demon Seed

Demon Seed
    from BF-AZ

Very good advice. Classic Motor Carriages (CMC)/Streetbeast.... SAME EXACT THING.

As I understand it the company is now defunct so if the new owner needs any parts to complete it he's SOL. Nothing built for a 33/34 Ford will fit on that car except door and trunk handles. As HRP said its all out of proportion and although these cars can be finished to look presentable it is NOT worth the effort or the money.

I'm glad to see you managed to trade it for something nice.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  21. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Good swap - the Harley will always be worth something. ;)

22. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

do you need any advice as to what to do with that?........RIDE IT

23. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

No help needed on this one - I've been ridin' the hell out of it :D

24. Smart move! Be safe!!

25. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

yaaa! buddy...haha

26. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

27. Good Lord you are going to hell for ripping that poor sucker off so badly! Did he show up on a short bus?

28. poorman

poorman
    from cleveland

did you atleast give the guy a kiss after you were done f@ck!ng him lol

poorman

29. Great deal! See, it was well worth it trading the travel trailor for the '34. You probably never could have found somebody willing to trade a sweet Harley for the trailor!

30. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

Yes it all worked out well. I believe it was a real fair trade both ways, and the guy that got the car is actually building it for a customer that likes these cars. Everyone is happy in this deal :cool: