Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Hunnert Car Pile Up HAMB Meet-N-Greet! 2pm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Django, Sep 3, 2010.

1. BoPeep

BoPeep

I'd be happy to continue this tradition . . . sign me up for goodies!

2. nitrozahn

nitrozahn

Sounds like fun! I'll be there assuming work cooperates!

3. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

I should be there to see all my old pals and make some new ones.

4. So we figured out why I look so grumpy in that pic - do the math. The Ladies MnG was at 1:30.... that was right around the time we got shut down completely... ah ha! That makes sense. :rolleyes:

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

Or was the hair of the dog finally giving way to full hangover? :D

6. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

piston jammers caravan leaving out of toledo ohio, friday morning early 6 or 7 a.m. ish.! headin out rt. 20. taking the backroads for the view, with about 11 cars. anyone else who's coming thru and wants to meet up? cant wait its gonna be another great show!

george

7. A couple of my buddies and I are leaving from the Springfield MO area about 6 AM Friday. Going up I44 to St Lou and then on to the HUNNERT. Join us.
    Later,
    Dick

8. "sickboy"

"sickboy"

any one know about the cruse night on fri from 2- 8 in clinton i think??? or is there somthing else going on that everyones going to let me know ill be down there fir night about 430 ish looking for some brews

OH for got to add i ll be leaveing the lansing il (ind-ill border) around 3 pm if anyone wants to convoy

9. I'll see you guys there! I'll be the kid with the glasses, stoked to put names to faces, say hey or something!

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

There is the cruise in Decatur on Thursday night. I'm not familiar with anything Friday in Clinton in the afternoon, unless they are blocking it off that early for the Pre-party that night at 9:00. Maybe Hellfish will know more and chime in...

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

No cruises in Clinton that I know of. Those hours sound like the Cruisin' Eldo cruise in DECATUR on THURSDAY (3-10, I think). Friday night in Clinton is the big pre-show party with the Hot Rod Hucksters and the Del Moroccos. Clinton is blocking off the entire downtown square for classic car parking only.

12. "sickboy"

"sickboy"

thanks fish !! im prob wrong my pops was passing through that area yesterday and stopped to talk to some locals ..chinese telephone ...see you guys friday .. what time does it end???

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Are we there yet?:D:D:D Looks like it's ramping up to be another great Pileup. Looking forward to seeing Oldbobsign (Larry) and Gloria and a bunch of others (Tman, you are coming aren't you).
    It's going to be really close getting the '38 done in time but ragardless, I'm there. Might even try to get Harms Way to tag along, I've been trying to get him interested in traditional hot rods.:rolleyes::)

Frank

14. Nope Frank:( it makes me sad AND motivated for the future tho. I will hammer out some more work on the car. Carla has her last weekend of performances, she is in a local production of "Always Patsy Cline". It was an 11th hour deal, they lost 3 other pianists and she had to learn 27 songs in a week!:eek:

15. Ford-Man

Ford-Man

Dang! I dont care who you are....thats a hell of a lot to pick up in a week!!!!

16. KandN Kustoms

KandN Kustoms

the wife and i are planning on showing up, that is if the beast makes it that far! LOL
    hope to finally meet some of you folks

here's a pic of my car if you see it stop by and say hi.

[​IMG]

17. Skunk Works

Skunk Works

Barely made #6, missed #7 due to work, stuck in traffic for hours and arrived just as #8 was shut down. I took a vacation day this year, since as far as I know, the "Atomic Bombshell" will be there. I work all night Friday, then sleep in the car while Cindy drives Saturday morning. Looking forward to seeing and/or meeting everyone!!!

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

I know it's too early to get a reliable forecast, but currently they're predicting sunny weather in the upper 60s. :D

They're chilling the PBR and Lone Star down in Decatur already. The traffic and parking plans (and crews) are ready, so no repeats of last year!

I forgot to mention earlier, but Progress City recycles about 70% of the waste generated at shows like the Pileup.

Here's an update of the parking/traffic flow plan. Please note that show cars are entering from a totally different place than the spectators!

[​IMG]

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Yep, she'll be there. And she won't get dusty either. :D

20. flthd

flthd

Been waitin all year.ford aint makin it,bike will. look forward to meetin yall.

21. Plowboy

Plowboy

So the entrace for cars for going into the show is off of Rea's Bridge road? That is a little different than the last map I saw.

I'm just asking because I will be coming from the east and probably won't encounter anyone giving directions from my way out in the country, I live not too far off of Rea's Bridge road.

22. Shes a Pro, a tired one at that!

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yep, that's why I posted it

24. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looking forward to the show and seeing everyone... just a week away!!

I'll be riding with Gary (hot-rod roadster) in his '40
    [​IMG]

Malcolm

25. Brandi

Brandi

Hahhaha that's hilarious of me!

See ya for the THIRD year in a row. But, I'm cheating flying in.

26. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

Haven't missed a single Pile Up yet. Don't plan to start now... Can't wait!

27. MissFortune

MissFortune
    from Lemont, IL

Looking forward to the meet & greet...or pretty much the whole Pile Up in general!! The Ladies' Meet & Greet sounds like fun too. I've been out in the garage wrenching every night for the last 2 weeks, and I will continue to do so until we leave friday morning. I will see you all there!! :)

28. ChevyDevil

ChevyDevil

I can't wait! I'm doing my plotting as well but what goodies should I bring? Hrmm

29. I hear the clock ticking.......few more days:cool:

30. TheFish

TheFish

I'm pumped. Should be a great time. Lookin forward to meeting new people. And wearing my Vagabonds Probation Snuggie.