Register now to get rid of these ads!

A rusty diecast? (1958 Plymouth Fury)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SaveOldCars, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

2. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

Check it out, you won´t regret it ;)

3. budd

budd

perfect man..lol

4. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

Thanks a lot! It took some time to make ;)

5. SaveOldCars -

Huh? ... Although I can appreciate your model building talents, I do have to ask why you chose to go to all the trouble of making this model look like a dented-up rust bucket :eek: ... I assume it was for some type of junkyard diorama?

I guess I should just be glad it was only a diecast model ... and that you didn't practice your "rusty patina" skills on a real '58 Fury! ... I'm pretty sure that doing the latter would make your H.A.M.B. username a bit ironic. :)

PS: Posting items "For Sale" on the HAMB General Discussion forum is really frowned upon around here ... you might want to have the Mods move this thread to the Misc. For Sale section of the H.A.M.B. Marketplace Classifieds ... and if you haven't already done so, you should post this in the "For Sale - MISCELLANEOUS" category of The Forward Look Network Swap Meet section.

6. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Actually, it sort of looks like that "time capsule" car that was recently shown. Water had incursed into the capsule and rusted after fifty years....

That what you were trying to emulate? Or you just like to portray the inexorable forces of nature and time?

dj

7. HRod 50

HRod 50

I can appreciate your talent, but can I have the last 4minutes and 04 seconds of my life back?

8. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Ha ha

9. I don't think so ... the Tulsarama "time capsule" car was a '57 Belvedere ... not a '58 Fury.

10. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

that's why I said "sorta"...geez...maybe he couldn't find a 57 Belvedere model to screw up.

lighten up, buddy

11. Lono

Lono

Now that the lecture can be put aside, cool work on the car dude.
    Thanks for showing your handiwork.

12. Harms Way

Harms Way

Which begs the question,..... What ever happened to "Miss Belvedere" and where is it rusting now ? :D

13. tathataboy

tathataboy
    from Olathe, KS

Love that you used real rust for the "rust." I wouldn't have been creative enough to think of that!

14. propwash - My name's not Buddy ... it's Francis! :rolleyes: :)

Harms Way - Checkout the Miss Belvedere - The Unearthed Tulsarama Plymouth! forum on the Forward Look Network ... but be forewarned that "Forward Lookers" don't take their beloved '55-'61 MOPARs very "lightly" ;) :D

15. I'll give $20 for it if you'll restore it.

JH

16. SaveOldCars

SaveOldCars
    from Germany

Thanks! It was just a little notice that it is for sale ;)

I wanted it to look like a abandoned junkyard car.

Too funny dude.

Thanks!

She is getting restored. Got a new frame and almost the whole rust was removed.

Thanks! It took kinda long for it to rust properly.

Diecasts like this are worth about 200 bucks so I suggest you to save up a bit more :D

17. <object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ZHb8983wMU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ZHb8983wMU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x3a3a3a&amp;color2=0x999999&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.