Register now to get rid of these ads!

History So, What old car or truck did you grow up with you wish you had now??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dustyoldbodyman, Sep 17, 2010.

1. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

My 49 Ford Cp. demolished, hit a pole.
    My 50 Ford Cp. demolished, hit a 59 Chev. wagon head on.
    My 51 Ford 4 door demolished, rolled, not my fault, I was drinking.
    Then Uncle Sam must have figured, this dude is dangerous lets draft him and put him in a tank. What damage could you do to a tank ?
    Ahhh little did they know.

2. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

My dad had a '55 Chevy that my oldest sister drove until it had engine problems. It sat in our garage for a while until he paid someone to haul it away. Oh well back then in the early 60's who knew. Ugh.... :(

3. Wish I had 'em all- 52 chevy, 56 buick, 61 chev, 65 chevy, 70 firebird.

4. I guess it's not old but I definitely wish I had it back.

Dad's '91 S-10 4.3L 5spd Manual Short wheelbase, standard cab, no frills options (ie no power windows or door locks, bench seat). I learned to drive it when I was about 12 years old. If I could find another one with low miles I'd probably snap it up.

5. This is it. 1953 Ford Customline. Read my profile on how I got it back.[​IMG]

6. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

I'd kinda like to have the 56 Olds my father had.

The one I inadvertently set on fire when I was a kid.

7. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

58 Chevy. Learned to drive on one. They are SLOWLY getting popular....slowly.

8. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

My first car. At 15 years old, I had to hit the "Bank of Mom" for a $200.00 loan to buy a '55 Chevy 2 door BelAir Hardtop out of the Classics section of the newspaper, and even then I had to get my older brother to go in on it with me.
    Running the rides at Woodland Park Zoo for $1.40 an hour didn't afford much chrome, so we wrapped the Oil bath filter, and oil cap in foil, and a small Oly beer can for a coil cover. Drove it for the summer before reality set in. sold my half to my brother before reality hit him too.

9. kellyztrukz

kellyztrukz

There are few i wish i had back, but i still have my first one. My dad and I put it together 25 years ago while i was in high school.

Attached Files:

10. abc123

abc123

Dad's 1964 Buick Riviera. Purchased new when I was 11, sold in 1972 when he got a company car. If anybody sees it with California black plate HCK320, PM me. I can't even remember my cell phone number but I can remember the license plate from forty-five years ago! I was only allowed to drive it a couple of times, wish I had it now.

11. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

These are pictures of me in 1960 with my 1953 Chevy Convertible. It was Candy Blue with a White top. I was all of 18 and this was my second car purchase. I bought it for $950.00, $150.00 down and $35.00 a month. When I got out of the navy in 61, my brother had blown up the powerglide. I started to change it over to a three speed manual and lost interest. I sold it to a bodyman and he pulled the engine and trans for another car and sent the rest to the junkyard. Biggest mistake I ever made. My first was a 1949 Buick 2dr Fastback that I bought for $50.00 I traded it in on the Chevy and they gave me $48.00 for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  12. Mercchev

Mercchev

56 Chevy, Grandpa gave it to me in 1974. My first car, and I still own it. Bone stock and still running.

13. Probably my dad's '63 inpala SS convertible....White with a white top and red interior, SCG/PG.

14. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Back in the early eighties my dad bought a '51 ford 2 door out of Tennessee from a guy that just a week earlier bought it from the original owner.

Absoultly perfect vehicle original 28K miles flat six. This car had never been touched. At the time original untouched vehicles probably didn't carry the weight they do now. So my dad done a complete frame off restoration and I thought that car was the coolest thing I had seen up to that time. Even with all the muscle cars and drag cars coming in and out of my dads shop I fell in love with that car.

My father let the car go eight years later. Though I had moved out of the home and married by that time I had always thought I would be the proud owner of that car someday.

The last time I saw the car, about 15 years ago, it was showing signs of neglect. I suppose it went through several owners and somewhere down the line it was parked in way to many Wal-mart parking lots.

15. My Mother had a 56 Dodge 3 tone Custom Royal Lancer D500
    my Highschool Car i built a 56 Nomad 327 3X2 4SP 57 olds 4:11 rear end Go Mad Nomad
    The Nomad last time seen was on E Bay 2 years ago. i was high bidder but he closed auction and traded it for a cAmaro in CANADA
    still have my race tow vehicle 71 chevy 1/2 ton 4X4 step side
    sig pic 25 TT ford 283 sbc 6X2 4sp 12 bolt3:73 put on the road in 74
    and one of my tow tow trucks 31 AA Ford

Attached Files:

16. frankinplymouth

frankinplymouth
    from oregon

I have tha truck that my mother bought new in 63. I was 4..... They sold it in the 70's and i found it dead and parted out in 2000. I fixed her back up. Ray

Attached Files:

17. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

I had a 1969 Firebird 350HO, 325HP. I wish I still had that car. I bought from a friend 31 years ago....sold it 30 years ago.

18. rick finch

rick finch

My dad's '46 Ford pick up.....

19. 28 chevy

28 chevy
    from NE Pa

'59 Studebake puckup - 4 WHEEL DRIVE.
    The guy tht got it restored it though, so I guess it's OK.

20. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

to start with, [1944 chicago ill] it would be my Dads 39 straight 8 Pontiac business coupe. first car i remember, we came to calif in it. Then there was a one owner 47 Dodge cpe. which I got when he traded my 41 ford cpe for a 'new' 56 chevy 2dr stick OD! I was 16 you can imagine how I felt about that! Then he traded it for the 'barge' 59 Ranch Wagon! and again you can imagine how I felt again 'ugh', but it was practical. Nowadays I would like to have the old 39 Pontiac, just never see any around, specially a str8 cpe. kinda rare I think. Of course the 56 chev would have made a great car for me but I was into dueces an stuff backthen when ya could afford em.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  21. RancheroMan

RancheroMan

my old man's 53 and 56 studebaker, and 65 VW bug. all three were black and bone stock. the 56 studie had a 289 2V.

22. Bigjake

Bigjake

My Dad's 76 CJ-5 258 Straight 6 and a 4 speed. He drug us around on an old Fairlane hood behind the Jeep as our sled in the winter, lots of good memories in that Jeep. He sold it for 500$ in the late 80's.

23. DeadSledTodd

DeadSledTodd
    from Ca.

Mom`s 56 plymouth and my Dads 51 merc,nosed decked and lowered with skirts!!!!

24. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

ok , ive owned so darn many it will be tuff .....................
    any one of my 4 corvettes , either of my '40 ford coupes , my '32b coupe , my '49 panhead , my 200" FED , or just the money ive spent in 50+ yrs on cars/bikes .
    ........... steve

25. whitedawg

whitedawg

Any one of dads Buicks 50-53-57-59

26. 1958 Chevy 3200 truck, deluxe cab w/ two tone GM Anniversary Gold and Bombay Ivory paint. My dad bought it from our neighbor (original owner) in about 1965. I still have it.

Two other cars that my folks had were a fire engine red '49 Cadillac and a baby blue 1950 "baby" Cadillac. I wish I had those now. I remember the '50 had factory chrome valve covers. I thought that was pretty cool when I was kid. Man, I wish I had those cars today.

The '49 eventually just stopped running and was parked. Eventually, it was hauled to the scrap yard in about 1973. The '50 was hit head on by a '66 Chevy while we were sitting at a stop sign in about 1971. It destroyed the Chevy but we were able to drive the Caddy home. My dad got it back on the road and drove it for a while but wasn't able to find the front end sheet metal to fix it right. It eventually went to the scrapper too. What a shame.

27. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

A red 55 Mercury 1/2 ton that my grandfather owned, he gave it to my uncle who parked it in a barn, 15 years later, the barn fell down on it. My uncle traded it to a guy up the road for a running chainsaw. Still makes me mad. I wanted that truck.

28. mustangGTS

mustangGTS

My dads 1933 Chevy coupe. I found one, and I am looking at maybe buying it this year. I just love those cars, they were something special.

29. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My Dad wouldn't let me have a car that was cool enought that I'd like to have it again. :)

30. couverkid

couverkid

Well I had two cars that I grew up around here in washington that I wish I owned. One was the chopped and channeled full fendered 32 coupe I now own. The other was the old lloyd bakan 32 3 window coupe that I will probably never own.Here is the one I always wanted and now I own.

Attached Files: