Register now to get rid of these ads!

Would You Be Interested In These Shirts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Arrowood Rod & Kustom, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I ran out of my last batch of shirts so now looking at getting some new ones printed..last time I did black shirts with the logo on the front, but I've always been a big fan of the 3/4 sleeve baseball style shirts was thinking about getting some of those printed up white shirt/black sleeves logo on the front and they'd sell for $17.00...my question, would you buy them? I want to print up 36 for right now so if you would buy them please let me know and we can get a pre-order going and I would have them printed and to me in a week

I attached a copy of the logo and what the shirts would look like except they will be white not grey

sizes will be Small-2XL

Attached Files:

2. choptvan

choptvan

not sure. If the price is right most likely...

3. this is what the last shirts we had printed looked like

Attached Files:

4. choptvan

choptvan

like those better for sure.

5. alright after thinking about it some more I decided I'll do 24 shirts of the white/black baseball style that will sell for $15.00 + $3.00 shipping and I'll do 36 t-shirts similar to what I had printed before but this time in white and they will be $10.00 + $3.00 shipping

6. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I'm probably a minority but I don't get the pay for a shirt out of my pocket to advertise someone elses business deal. Win-win for you.

I do wear shop shirts- I have many. I would never pay for one though. Want me to wear a shirt advertising a shop- send it for free, include it in an order, whatever.
    But buy a shirt just to buy one?

But that's me.

7. shainerman

shainerman

for what its worth, your last shirt holds up good. I bought it cuz its a cool logo and its cheap as far as shirts are concerned. Now that being said, since I already bought the short sleeve, ill take a long sleeve for 10 bucks shipping included, haha.

8. Have to agree with Steve. A business pays for advertising in magazines, the yellow pages, the internet etc. But wants us to be walking advertisements and pay for the privledge.
    The irony of it is I sold shirts for my shop (free to my customers) as well as does the company I currently work for .......

9. I see what you guys are saying for sure, for me I have a lot of shop shirts, it's mostly what I wear and I've bought all of them usually just because I like the logo or the design on the shirt and don't really think of it as advertising but your right that's exactly what it is..guess for me it's cheaper to buy a cool shop shirt or car show shirt than go to some store in the mall and pay $20+ for one of the shirts there

10. thanks for the kind words, I think for you I could do that deal :)

11. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

T shirts that advertise a company should be free. Jegs just sent me a nice free hat with my last order. Regular price $5.99, genuine "Made In China"! Total surprise. pigpen
    [​IMG]

12. jegs is also a HUGE company that makes lots of $$$, and I see where you guys are coming from..but every shop I know charges for their shirts

13. VinnieCap

VinnieCap

I agree... I don't see paying to advertise someone's business. Free is for me.

CheapVinnie

14. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I liked your logo on the black shirt, how many did you order and how long to sell out. Sorry but I gotta agree with the sentiment on the wearing advertising, I do know first hand that a good quality shirt in the first place is not inexpensive and in small batch like you run them it's pricey for sure. Not that any body is gonna be cool wearing a shirt from the plumber for sure but if I do disperse them I am usually only too happy to give them away or crack evenski's. I actually think your price is pretty fair. What do they cost to produce?

15. I did 36 last time that was the first time I've ever tried shirts and they all sold within a month or so, mostly from guys on the HAMB and a few guys at car shows..yeah it's pretty pricey to print them it seemed every company I talked to didn't have any price breaks or good deals unless you did at least 50 or more..the baseball style shirts cost $9 a piece for just the shirt and then the printing is extra so I'm not trying to make money or get rich off these shirts I just think the logo is cool and I love wearing shop shirts to car shows or where ever so figured I'd print some more up since last time they seemed to go over well

16. shainerman

shainerman

to me at the end of the day, I can barely buy a quality shirt for 10 bucks. I go through shirts fast, I wear them on the ground, to work, to throw up in, to wipe oil with and everything in between. Justins logo was cool and ill pay 10 bucks for a shirt with a cool logo in a heavy cotton before I pay 7 dollars for a blank shirt in shitty material. Maybe its just us young guys though. I dont have a million shirts from over the years to rely on.

17. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Wasn't always that way.
    I spend 3 grand a month in advertising for my small biz & it's a cost I have to budget to attract customers. I have T-shirts & mugs printed out & I give them to customers & to parents attending the kids baseball games.
    I can't imagine charging someone to wear one of my Plumbing & HVAC shop tees! :eek: They are advertising for me, not the other way around.

Your shirts are definately reasonably priced though. Some shops charge as much as 24 bux for one. However- I usually only wear shirts from companies I've dealt with. I have lots of So-Cal T-shirts & hats because they did alot of the build on my car. I wouldn't wear one just because I thought the logo was cool.

I also dont get wearing sports jerseys w/ "insert famous name player here" or race car team shirts. I will say I do on occasion buy a T-shirt from a long gone drag race track. Mostly because the old ones are worn out or long gone.
    So if you see me in a shop t-shirt- know that I bought something there & got the shirt for free (well, nothing is actually free ;))

18. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Yeah, the initial screen charge is a killer, maybe 500.00, then the art fee, depends, then you have to buy their shirts, gamble on the quality, I still like a black shirt, I'm a slob and a white shirt only lasts on me about 13 seconds, a gray shirt maybe 15 seconds. I always logo the back, this way when the big gulp dumps on the front your logo will still be clean. If I go into my wallet and do battle with the moths and win I would go for a black tee.

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ionia Hot Rod Shop always flips me free t-shirts as they realize I wear one of their shirts at least a couple times a week. Denny and Matt Leskey realize a great marketing opportunity when it presents itself. After thinking about it I can't remember buying a shop or race team's shirt or hat, ever.

Event t-shirts are another animal altogether and an event promotor that can get the participates and spectators to purchase and wear their shirts could not "buy", which of course they aren't, better advertising for their show. A perfect example is the Hunnert Car Pileup. Cool t-shirt that hundreds stand in line first thing in the morning to buy and then actually wear them throughout the year all over the country. You could never pay for that type of advertising, it's priceless.

20. J's on squares

J's on squares

wow, you guys want what he's sellin' for free? advertising? damn i knew i shouldn't have paid for that moon shirt from chica, he should have given it to me. thanks guys for teaching me,..and i'm a jew to boot!

21. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I almost can't believe what I am reading. Either this guy or a friend drew up a logo (or PAID someone to do it). He paying for the shirt. Paying for film to be made, for screens, for printing, and you want it for FREE. I imagine he will give a couple to friends, but at the price he's asking, he MIGHT break even.

If you like it, buy one. If not, then don't. But to think you are "advertising" for him and deserve a free shirt is complete bullshit.

22. J's on squares

J's on squares

23. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

there are also guys on the HAMB that think show promoters should pay the cars that show up at the car shows.......
    even though the event organizer spends thousands - sometimes tens of thousands (or 100 thousand - see Long Beach Showcase of Customs) on the event 9-6 months in advance in hopes of getting people to show up the day of the show.

If you think it is a cool shirt - buy it.

I have shirts that I have purchased from companies - others that the companies have given to me to wear.......of those there are some I dont wear cause I think they are just OK.....not really cool designs.
    And therein lies the rub - to get good art - you have to PAY the artist that comes up with the original concepts and completion.

You cant just go around ripping off other peoples art - that is showing total disrespect for the original artist that came up with the cool designs.

Anyway I digress.

some of ya just wanna free shirt and dont care what is on it - others really think about what they are representing when they wear it.

This is why you see me wearing Los Punk Rods and Cheaters shirts all the time.

Those 2 car clubs have helped me so much - I wanna spread the word about them................no does anyone notice what shirt I am wearing?
    doubt it

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, wearing a companies t-shirt is advertising, even if it doesn't say the name of the company on it AND your 32 tshirt is a perfect example. I get compliments on it all the time and when that happens I tell them where I got it. That's advertising. But just because I agree that wearing someone's t-shirt is advertising doesn't mean that I think I deserve a free one. I'm pretty picky about who's t-shirts I wear and just because it's given to me doesn't mean that i'd actually wear it in public.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  25. Yep

26. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Wanna sell shirts..put them in the classifieds...not the main board...thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.