Register now to get rid of these ads!

Checkin' In From Central Jersey

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by automaticslim, Sep 28, 2010.

1. automaticslim

automaticslim
    from new jersey

Hi, just checkin' in from Somerset, NJ. I've been following the NHRA Junior Stock thread, and the Vintage shots from days gone by thread. Things looked good, so I decided to sign on. Lots of knowledge here, and there seems to be every type of older car imaginable.

I got active with cars early, at about the age of 12. I grew up living 15 minutes from Atco Dragway, so a friend and I would spend every Sunday hanging out at the drags, watching what ever was going down the track back in 1962. 409's, 413's, 406's in bel airs, coronets and belvederes, and galaxies. Hot Anglias, henry j's, willys, model t's, and model A's. When we were old enough, we ran our own cars through the quarter. Heh heh. I remember cleaning the shoe polish off the window of my Dad's new '66 GTO before easing it back into the driveway.

Now, my wife and I own a restored 1969 Buick Skylark Custom convertible. We take it to shows and have fun hanging out with our old car buddys. We've owned it since it was almost new and it's restored back to original. But I like anything with wheels and an engine.....and some character.

See you on the boards!

2. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Welcome from Texas.

3. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Welcome from Des Moines,Iowa!

4. bjf08816

bjf08816

Welcome from East Brunswick

5. Welcome form Connecticut

6. big bad john