Register now to get rid of these ads!

Went for a drive today, look what I found

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Sep 28, 2010.

1. I was out in the country drivin the 33 pickup today. It was beautiful out and about 80 degrees...these war days are rapidly coming to an end so I was making the most of it. Stopped by an old farm and found these jems!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I tried buying these two. The pickup is not for sale, the DeSoto hardtop is :D I dunno what it's worth, the guy gave a price but anyone have any input??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, Chris...it's the middle of the night, and I'm way over here in Michigan, but after seeing the Hemi in the hardtop, I'll be there in about 15-20 minutes!

4. ROFLMAO, I'll meet you there Rick!

PS I like the heater in that cowl.

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, no...gonna beat you there. I see a Desoto grille, guide headlights...dang.

6. Minewithnoshine

Minewithnoshine

Chris, I think you meant the Dodge hardtop, not DeSoto. It's a '55 Royal Lancer, really cool car, a friend of mine has one. Uses a 270 hemi, and it's a Super Red Ram in there to boot. Would be a pretty cool project.

Looks like a LOT of hemi cars in that yard, just about every DeSoto and some of the Dodges.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Thats a dodge ht in those pics, not desoto

8. Sorry guys, thats what I meant!! Any "rough" idea on it's value? I know nothing about these cars!!

9. That 55 Dodge Lancer and a 30k-35k car restored. I say the way it sits....$2-2500. The hemi is worth $1000 by itself. Those hardtops are pretty rare.

10. A Desoto grill won't fit my A and I already have some guides, you can have those.....they don't even have bulbs....:rolleyes:I just want that heater.

11. RamblerClassic

RamblerClassic

I saw a 1963 Rambler classic, any engine?

12. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Wow! Wish we had stuff like that over here!

13. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I'll sell you all the dodge hemi's you want for that price, i wouldnt go higher than 700 for any hemi other than 354 or 392

14. scotts52

scotts52

I wouldn't mind the Dodge Royal or the coronet. I love those big old fins!

15. Well usually the hemi's I see dont have the power steering pump and are missing stuff...that one looks fairly complete.

And I dont buy HEMI's.....I like them flathead 6 engines Mopar made. :D

16. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

That fleetside is killer!

I'd take the dash from that early cowl.

17. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Dang looks like you had a good drive. I had my 33 truck out on sunday and all I found was a barn with Model A parts.

18. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Good to see some old tin but its such a shame that they are still rotting at field under the sky.

19. kein

kein

Nice pics looks like a great day. I just watched a movie called Mystery Men and they had one of those Ramble wagons in the movie. It was actually pretty cool.

20. edweird

edweird

I dont recall ever seeing studebakers that looked like the two pctured. Maybe its the top.

21. LowFat48

LowFat48

`31 Willys

22. htweelz

htweelz
    from Maryland

Alot of nice cars but I gotta say that red Chevette is pretty sweet...;):D

23. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

As my Uncle Cletus used to say: "Thar's HEMIs in them thar hills"

Nice find...when I lived in EWa, we used to go out on weekends looking for relics - we called it "beasting". We found some great stuff, bought some, left others. Nice to see there's still some tin available.

dj

24. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams

good find, a very nice looking bunch. if i lived near i'd try to buy a few of them too. Around here in NC they would probably be rusted beyond repair and overgrown in about 10' of brush and trees. at least that is the way the ones i find are.

25. Buff it out and take it to a NSRA event:rolleyes:

26. NEVER seen a Stude hartop like that:eek:! I want that Desoto grille with the missing tooth! Gonna try and find one at Carlisle this weekend:D

27. Fenders

Fenders

I see two 1955 Desotos... they had 290 hemi's....

28. hemi

hemi

I like the Chevette..

29. I find it interesting that none of these wound up here due to a head-on into a tree or a frame-twisting T-bone. None of them were totaled in fiery crashes. It's amazing that someone just gave up on them for no real overwhelming reason. Did a water pump fail or a transmission start slipping and the owner just said, "Well, it's time for a new car"? Were they that disposable or were they just so mechanically "worn out" that it seemed more economically feasible to replace them? I mean they're really all pretty sound looking. On a less serious note, is that propane grill in the first picture saveable? That's probably the only thing I could afford....Neat stuff, Chris. Thanks for posting.....Don.

30. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

and the place looks pretty well clean . Any prices ?