Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hussy has a new home.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Sep 27, 2010.

1. I know some of you may think I'm nuts. But I traded my 50 Chevy for a 26 T-roadster. Please bare with me.
    When I first was looking for a car my lovely wife said "make sure you get something we can all enjoy as a family" OK, no sweat. I got the 50. I REALLY like that car. I poured 5 years of blood, heart and sole into that car. Well...... I finally got it finished no one wanted to drive in it. No cruise nights or car shows. Not even a trip for ice cream. I was bummed.
    Take a step back to my youth. The first hotrods that come to memory for me were T-roadsters or T-buckets or what ever you want to call them. I've always liked them when they are done right. I remember back in the 80's Rob Fornier did a complete build up of a Speedway T in Streedrodder. I swear I read that story 500 times. I had the mag for like 15 years till it got lost in one of my many Navy moves.
    So I get to Thinking wouldn't it be nice to fine a decent T and get it instead of the 50. So I was cruising the classifieds and Chris (Flathead Vicky) has this car for sale OR trade. I send him a PM and the rest is history.
    I REALLY DIG THIS CAR!!!!! I am so happy. Thier are some things I want to do to make it mine. Chris is happy with the trade also. Which makes me happy. Here's a pic. Todd

Attached Files:

2. Man, that car has been going through the owners recently. It needs to get closer to California. ;) I love that little car.

3. Nice! I hear it's a magazine car now, though I have yet to see the article. Enjoy it!

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

makin' the rounds! Cool!

5. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

You think noone wants to ride in a 50?? Buy an Edsel.

I really dig that T man. And I agree, just keep getting it closer to California.

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

One of my favorite "T's". I woulda traded but I'm all the way in California. (sigh)

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Saw it on the board here, then I was out getting groceries, and there it was in Hot Rod Deluxe. Neat car.

8. Troyz

Troyz

good for you. really good looking little T & probably way more fun.

9. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

nice little ride! just saw a pic of it in the HAMB calendar picture thread (i think that was were i saw it).

10. Racewriter

Racewriter

Really nice write-up on the car in HRD. I agree with the author - the stance is great; not cartoonish raked like too many buckets.

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Have always loved that car----

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Gotta love a roadster....spcecially a hot rod maroon T roadster. Good trade.

13. Deuces

Deuces

Looks like an ol' school Monogram 1:1 scale Big T bucket... :)

14. Angliaman

Angliaman
    from Forney, Tx

If you have as much FUN in your as I do mine, you won't regret the trade....have fun!

Attached Files:

15. I GOT NEXT!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, this car gets around...

I love it and hope you have a blast with it.

16. oldsman71

oldsman71

sweet trade have fun with it!!!

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You guys ( all 3 of the new owners after me) really need to start taking your own pictures.....or maybe that pic you supplied is a premonition of her future since it was taken in my yard. Maybe she wants to come home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loved that little car and had some great times in it. It's in the new Hot Rod Deluxe with a 4 page spread so go pick up that issue!!!

18. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Damn Tug.....sweet trade. Although, I am a little bummed about not being able to commiserate about our "Fitties" anymore :/ Enjoy it the new wheels, man!

I need to come by and get those rear wheels from you, man....especially now seeing that you have NO reason to keep them around other than paper weights! You and I must have some similar disease, because I just got mine on the road yesterday, and I'm already wanting something more "fun". Don't think mine's in "trader" condition without the body work done. If you get the chance, go cob on over to my NOOB thread...put up a vid.

Speaking of vids....you should post one up of your mug cruisin around in yer new wheels ;)

19. JJ,
    You take such good pics I couldn't resist. Sorry. I'm hoping she has found a home for good. Todd

20. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

I've seen maybe two T buckets that i actually thought were cool. now I've seen three. that thing is bad ass!!!

21. csimonds

csimonds

Hey Tug, nice swap bro! Can't wait to see it at the fallout!
    Chuck

22. storm king

storm king

See, you thought everybody'd be down on you ro losing the '50!
    I've never liked early '50's iron, just never done it for me.
    I dig the T's, have done two buckets, w/ BB Mopars in them, now working on a from scratch '27 project.
    It's all about want, what you have the most fun in, and that idea changes with time and events. just go have fun!

23. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I think she's just kind of living up to her name if you ask me! :rolleyes:;):D

It's a cool little car and t-buckets are a LOT of fun (even though one tried to kill me).

24. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

Man, if I'd snagged that one I'd have a hell of a time letting it go, 3 owners since JJ WOW!!

25. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

muahahahaha. it's only one state away from ME now... my time is coming.

26. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

What a Hussy....
    Cool little Roadster, for sure!

Malcolm

27. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

That's a cool roadster, I would have made the trade. It sucks when your family dosent come through with the support. Enjoy it your self.

28. -Brent-

-Brent-

This car gets around like Mr. Bones. Just don't keep her stowed away in the garage. I don't think she likes that.

29. Don't worry I plan to drive the shit out of it. I dug out my Mad Bomber fur hat for when it gets cold. Just one more reason for my neighbors to think I'm a little out of whack (like I care!) Todd

30. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I dig the hell out of that T, seems like a good trade to me !