Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 El Camino.. Build Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Fishbeck, Jan 2, 2010.

1. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

That freaking gas door is all like "James Bond"
    FRITZ

2. Thanks for the kind words & motivation. Over 110° outside.. I can't spray primer in that. So I'm watching HotRodtv!

3. So that would make me 'Q'..

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

If your ever shot gun in his Elco don't push the lighter in :eek:. Theres a reason for reworking the front seat.:D

5. That's funny. The seat was re-worked, but only so 'pussy-galore' & 'octo-pussy' can both enjoy the ride at the same time!

6. 51 mercules

51 mercules

LOL!That's funny!

7. I hesitated writing that, too! (Grin)

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Smart man choosing not to fling out good pussy :D.

9. HAHAHAHAHAH hahahah.. Hot Damn!

10. Today, I am going to see JimSig's 32 5W! I will take pics & post them in the build thread '51 Mercules' started.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365252&showall=1

I'm still blocking the drivers qtr pnl, an in between rounds.. I've been hammer & dollying the rest of the psngr side qtr, that I had access to. Holding the yard stick up to the psngrs qtr pnl, I am hopefull it won't require as much blocking! I am slow at this.. Dad was a lot more efficient than me. Experience is a Mo' Fo'

11. Once again.. When I'm blocking the qtr, an I get down to the blk primer- STOP.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actually looking forward, to tomorrow.. majority of the work will be done on the driverside. Imma start on the psngr qtr tomorrow, too. I do need the t/gate hinges finished, then I can fit all that together out back. Sigh

12. Toner283

Toner283

Hot Damn Jay, she's looking good!

Wanna come do mine next? :D I will provide all the beer you can drink. lol

13. I don't know if that would be a good idea! I would have to know, you were going to catch all my mistakes on a cervesa high! I'm having enough trouble sober.. but that might be the problem, right there!

14. helluv impressive thread man.....that's alot of work and it's fuckin' motivating to see someone just dive in and not quit- best of luck with your build, those 59 elkys are so f'n sweet, i'm looking forward to seeing this one in the finished pics.....cool

15. I greatly appreciate the words, I have to get this car done to prove to myself I can do what has to be done. Okay, now back to work I go!

16. SSsshhh SSsshhh - SSsshhh SSsshhh SSsshhh SSsshhh - SSsshhh SSsshhh
    Yep, thats the lovely sound of block sanding.. hahaha!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I had my Dad right there with me, when I was shrinking the high spots. I am glad he had me around the oxy/acetylene torch, when I was younger. I need to keep using the gas welder!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like it's ready to rain, here. I removed the rest of the rust that you see in the picture here. I just have to use the Blue lightning products.. and repeat the whole thing over again!

17. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Fuck, I hate block sanding.

18. me too my friend, mee too!

19. Shrunk a few more spots, this morning. I enjoy using the torch, I look forward to practicing with it in the near future.

[​IMG]

Then I removed the rust, same per opposite side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I'm waiting for the metal prep surfacer, to haze over and dry. The weather is on the upside.. cooling down nicely. I survived another summer!

20. The metal prep is dried and we're ready to proceed..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Most of this grey primer will end up sanded off, tomorrow. Then lots more of the same.. SsshhHH Sshh!

21. 51 mercules

51 mercules

JJ I went to the Veterans Car Show yesterday and ran into your uncle and dad.It was nice to see your dad out and about.Your car is looking good.

22. Joe said he wore my Dad out, walking around.. That's a good thing! He needs excercise. After seeing Jims 32 5W, Gordon motivated me a lot. I forgot to take pics, we were talking so much! Thanks, Jay

23. 51 mercules

51 mercules

I was wondering what happened to the pic's.

24. The door has always been out towards the bottom, but nice everywhere else.

[​IMG]

So I used a 2x6 in the door jamb, to hold it out. An a 4x4 held against the door, while I motivated it with a big hammer.

[​IMG]

I have to shrink the door skin, cos' somethin's gotta give!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Forecast says one thing, but I'm hoping for the other!

[​IMG]

25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

To late now but I would say it's the patch panel at the 1/4 that did it. Could have made a relief cut in the door jamb and bring 1/4 out to match the door.

26. I considered that, but the door was out even with the original qtr on there. Once I shrink it, you'll never even know.(well those outside our little circle of chaos, anyways!)

27. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Hey jay I had a mess of time shrinking my doors down and hammering out the edges to get the doors and quarters matched together and to get the high crown down and most of that was orgional and never touched , just goes to show the factory didn't care as much as the do now about alliment , aneyways it's looking good man, keep up the good work.

28. Thanks, I appreciate it. It's been raining here today, so no progress. Fortunately I only have the one door edge to contend with. But I do have mile long quarters to block! Always look forward to updates on your wagon.

29. I have had my El Camino for a year now, as of yesterday. Days after I brought it home, San Bernardino City Attorney James F. Penman, cited us with a very vague.. 'lack of vegetation' type scare tactic. So for the first two monthes, I was doing the front end. New A arm bushings, ball joints and tie rod ends. I just hope the steering box never got wet, anymore than it should have. It steers nice.. Anyways, time's fun when you're having flies- or wait, it's the otherway arou..

30. slammed

slammed

Lack of vegetation?What do they need ya to do, plant a couple of tree's? Request a detailed list of acceptable 'vegetation'. Looking good w/ the metal work! Oh, that silver-fox of an elky in the background would be cool in mah driveway mang!