Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help indentifying this dash!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marx, Aug 22, 2010.

1. marx

marx

Need help identifying this dash. It's since been cut and used in the roadster, and it's time for new gauges; but I'm having a hell of a time exactly id'ing it so I can better focus my gauge search. The gauge openings measure 4 3/4" diameter. Initially I placed it at about a 54 chevy truck dash, but so far the gauges for those don't match up size-wise. Doesn't even look like the same dash at all, so back to the drawing board. Trying not to spend the cash for new ones, so narrowing the search would be awesome! Any help would be great. -marx

Attached Files:

2. marx

marx

3. marx

marx

4. Ratrod37

Ratrod37

Your speedometer has AC on it which could be a British Car manufacturer as in the AC Cobra. Check into early AC cars.Good Luck!

5. marx

marx

I'm gonna bump this one back up to the top, as I ain't got an id yet on these gauges. Anybody recognize this dash at all? I've scoured everywhere, and still no avail.
    They ain't even all that cool looking, so I'm now at the point of using gauges from another car. So far I've got 37-39 Ford car, 41-47 Chevy/GMC truck, 53-54 Chevy car speedo, and 36-39 Chevy/GMC truck as all having similar enough dash opening diameters that would work. Maybe someone with one of these rides can confirm the diameter of their gauges? It'd be a huge help! Thanks!

6. marx

marx

7. katzenhammer

katzenhammer

Marx I can't figure it out either. Desoto?

8. farcus1

farcus1

AC Cobras are American made by Carroll Shelby.

9. farcus1

farcus1

I don't know what yours are but I sure appreciate the link to the dash site, it clued me into a 33 Chevy fuel/oil pressure gauge.

10. rschilp

rschilp

No, they are British made with an American Ford motor, and received some consulting from one of the Ford drivers by the name of Carroll Shelby.

Those may be from a Berkeley, they used British AC gauges and they were 4 3/4" diameter or of course any other late 1950s early 1960s British sports car.