Register now to get rid of these ads!

a michigan guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mazer78, Sep 24, 2010.

1. mazer78

mazer78

hello, my name is mike maes. i have been on here for a while, with some random posts here & there, but never have done a proper intoduction, until now. anyways, i am a 28 year old saab tech, and i live in shelby township. i have been around "hot rods" my whole life. my dad has owned a 36 chevy 2 door master sedan since 1975. for my first car i bought and redid a 78 nova when i was 15 (not hamb friendly, but not much choice due to budget), which i still own. now that i finally have my own house and garage, i have got my hands on a 1949 chevy 3100 pickup and a 30 model a coupe. i will be starting on the pickup first. both will have small blocks chevys and overdrive transmissions, boring, but i cant afford anything badass & odball like a hemi, or flattie, and i want to be able to drive them anywhere without issue. i feel like im rambling, so i will cut it off here, and say thanks for all the info in the past and future.
    -mike

2. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate
    from California

welcome from so cal. Good luck with the truck! post some pics

3. Welcome from Arkansas. Good luck with your projects. Enjoy...

4. Welcome from Ontario, Canada. I don't think it's possible to ramble on a introduction.

5. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Welcome from Rowlett, TX---nice fleet.

6. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Welcome from the western 'burbs

7. big bad john

big bad john

Mike....Welcome to H.A.M.B. from Wisconsin.......nice intro....enjoy the ride....Big Bad John

8. Greetings and welcome from southwest of ya...

9. Welcome from Howell.

10. HuffDaddy

HuffDaddy

11. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Thanks for the intro! Welcome to the H.A.M.B. ... from Cumming, Georgia!

12. pharrand

pharrand
    from Michigan

Like you, I'm not much of a poster but more of a reader. Been reading the H.A.M.B. for a year or so but just joined about an hour ago. Sounds like you have some cool projects ahead. Me too. Just hope I live long enough to complete one or two. Pat

13. mazer78

mazer78

thanks for the many welcomes guys.

14. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Mike...Welcome from Des Moines,Iowa!...We have had our 49 Chevy PU sinse 1973 :)

15. Welcome...from Shelby Township! I'm sure we've crossed paths somewhere sometime. Look forward to meeting you and checking out your truck. I've always loved the AD's.