Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harry Bradley's Hot Wheels....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 16, 2010.

1. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

2. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

plodge, would love to add that woodie in the blister to my collection... when you get tired of it, let me know..

4. HoldFast

HoldFast

that's awesome. I have a few of those.

5. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

6. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

7. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

8. I've worked in the construction trade for over 20 yrs,and when I got on a new job,it wouldn't take more than a week before guys knew I was the "Hotwheels Guy",hahaha! They would tell me they still had their Hotwheels and I would say "how much you want for them?" Then I would hear "i'm saving them for my kids or grandkids". So I would ask them,how many they have,then buy them brand new ones to give their kids. Probably got about 2000 redlines that way!

I've shown this before,but this just part of my Mercury collection...
    [​IMG]

9. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Redlines or Not.. Mercs are Cool ...

10. This thread brings back a lot of memories. I think the only old Hot wheel I have left is a VW with a V8 sticking out of the hood, not sure where it is at the moment though.:rolleyes:

11. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

awesome... I lived for getting as much of that orange track as i could to make a drag race strip from my door step, down the front lawn, across the side walk, off the curb and into the street... those were the days:) My mom also loved using the track to give me a good swatting sometimes when i mis-behaved:(I also made my first pair of home-made skis one time out of it in the late 70's... that orange track brings back lots of memories!
    cab

12. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

In 04 I bought a box of 50foot of continuous track. Came with 2 cars. All I need to do now is to find another one.

13. Muttley

Muttley

When I was in third grade (1981) we had a gift exchange at school the last day before Christmas vacation. I got a white W/flames '32 Roadster W/Real Rider tires...............still have it 29 years later. :cool: :cool:

14. THE SPEED ADDICT

THE SPEED ADDICT

Redline Hot Wheels are cool...

15. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

I LOVE the 31 Ford Woody.. I think that is my most Fave Redline of all time.. Along with the Rolls Royce they had......

16. willysgasser40

willysgasser40
    from Illinois

Great Toys my kids still play with my original redlines the new ones are slow. My mom loved the tracks they left a double welt !!!!!!

17. luciomduran

luciomduran

I remember Ed Roth coming to town for the World of Wheels show. My buddy Gabe and I both took original Beatnik Bandit Redlines in the package to have him sign. We took them up to him and he made the sign of the cross with his fingers and said he would never sign any of those Hot Wheels. What is the story? Did he not get paid for the use of that car?

18. 50Fraud

50Fraud

^^Right. The original Redline Hot Wheel Bandit was done without Ed's authorization -- in fact, no royalties were paid on any of the first several years' models. Ed was pissed at Mattel for many years, and finally buried the hatchet around the year 2000.

19. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

right-on

20. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I've got eight of the originals. I've also got about 200 still in the blister packs. Does it affect the value is its out of the blister pack? When can I get a nice display to mount on the wall? Maybe one with glass doors?

21. amitygravel

amitygravel

Got my first set for Christmas , it had the Custom Camaro , and the Custom Eldarado. Still have them and every other one I obtained ,along with a few of the Rrumbler motorcycles. Does anyone remember the HotBirds ? Airplanes that had a wire clip and you would 'fly' them down a guy wire. The wire was spooled to a reel that had a simple speaker in it so the planes would 'roar' as they traveled down the wire.

22. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Plodge dude you the fukin king! Youve got 3 Bandits and at least 2 Deoras! doooool!
    I love Hot Wheels so much, i have a small collection of max a few hundreds, and i'd kill to have the original 16s.
    As for Bradleys design i have printed his Hot Wheels designs on thick Colred paper and framed them on my collectibles" room. They are sooooo kool! The Deora sketch w/ the A-Broscartoon is my fav

23. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

I have a VERY NICE redline collection for sale. About 60 cars I believe. Some real heavy hitters & some common. I'd like to sell as a lot, not have it cherry picked. I'm looking to get about $15 a car. That's a killer deal considering some are worth upwards of $50-$80. That's way I don't want to part it out.

The collection gets bigger if you're interested in late 70's - 80's cars as well.

Anyone interested, I can take picts. BUT please don't waste my time if you're not really into it. I'd also be interested in trades. (14in white walls, cheap cars (falcons, hearse etc.) vintage signs, 59 olds parts, vintage rat fink stuff, anything cool.)

Let me know if you're interested.
    Kensey

24. fbama73

fbama73

The newer ones are great for customizing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. I don't know anyone that DIDN'T get their ass beat with a piece of Hot Wheels Track! :eek: It was the closest thing that my mother could lay her hands on!

26. Felix,
    Thanx for everything that you do and have done over the years with Hot Wheels!

27. OK, since we are showing some of our stuff....
    Here is a little of what I have....
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

28. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Isn't it so kool not to grow up! My dad had a hobby shop where I would play behind the counter on the floor as a kid with ALL the newest models :D and would whine enough that I'd get to bring one home for keeps! I had the biggest collection of them on the block :rolleyes: (but mine where matchbox) Dad was pretty easy about me eating up the profits of the shop, LOL.

29. fbama73

fbama73

Thanks, Mike! You're right- there are some guys out there doing some CRAZY stuff with them. Most of what I do are just repaints and/or wheel changes. Well, other than the new grill and losing the step on that Passion.