Register now to get rid of these ads!

CuznBrucie is going to be ridin' *Low and Slow*....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cuznbrucie, Sep 25, 2010.

1. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

After a really nice experience selling my '32 3w Coo-pay, I have been fortunate to have bought Automotive Stud's Dad's '51 Victoria....Stud's Dad, the Kingfish, has been a great, close friend for over 30 years....he had this car in his garage for 28 years...needs lots of work, but that's why we buy them, right?

It even has a '57 Chevy engine in it....definitely a *traditional* engine swap!

I am excited about heading in a new direction for the future......here's a few pics of what I am starting with......think Low, Black, whitewalls, Olds Fiestas.......in that vein......guess I have to change my avatar now, huh?

The pics.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CB

2. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

KOOL RIDE ..good luck with the build

3. hemifarris

hemifarris

Great move Brucie. I know after your research you'll "BUILD IT RIGHT"!.......Mike

4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Bruce whats your plans for the car.And did the old one go to Canada.........

5. 51 Vickys are a nice-size, nice driving car. I really enjoyed mine when I owned it. Loks like you have all the hard-to-find parts for it. One of the toughest parts to find are rear window cranks....they're shorter to clear the arm rests,
    BTW, if you someday want to make it a rag top, the basic body is the same. In fact, if you carefully remove the top from the header panel above the windshield you'' find it's already drilled and tapped for guide pins and the latch...

Attached Files:

6. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

WOW!!! She's a beaut mister!

7. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Rocky......what/how did you use to lower the car....?? Particularly interested in front lowering kits.....I have looked into Jamco and SHoebox.com.......what do you recommend? Your stance looks great!

CB

8. Very nice project Brucie.:cool: Can't wait to see how you put it together.

9. You sold the 32!? New ride will be cool tho :)

10. Cruiser

Cruiser

cuznbrucie - Your ideas sound cool the shoes will look very cool. There are some Olds Fiestas on ebay right now, take a look. Good luck with the Ford very cool.

CRUISER :cool:

11. switchkid0

switchkid0

What do you mean, "It needs lots of work" ? Looks like it's a couple of weekends away from running the tires off.:D

Good luck with the improvements, you've got a great start.

12. Skirv

Skirv

I sure hated to see that coo-pay go but I'm glad you got something you are excited about and I'm looking forward to following along with the fun ahead.

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Bruce, Looks like your opening another chapter in your journey down the road. Judging from the '32 I think you'll have the new ride shaped up and looking fine in no time. Be sure to take us along for the ride.

Frank

14. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Nice Brucie, I'm glad to see the car is going to get finished cause we were never gonna get to it with all of our projects. Even more happy to see your stoked about it. Looking forward to cruising together again with the new ride.

15. Great lookin' Vicky, Bruce. Look forward to watching the build-up on it. Those things look great in Seafoam Green with Cream top. Just sayin';).........Don.

16. OOPS, Didn't see the Red & Black interior and Red dash & firewall before I made that comment.

17. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

wow-- love the new car

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That things pretty killer Brucie!!! Love the 283 and the plans for it!

19. Wait - You SOLD the 32? Why wasn't I informed? I thought we were friends!!!

20. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

i really love the back window. good luck with the project!

21. poorman

poorman
    from cleveland

cool car good luck

poorman

22. Keep the project pix comin Bruce....dam Im gonna moss seein that 3W of yours.

Rat

23. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I am sorry, Don......I apologize to you, my West Coast Guru of Gow.......I hope you won't ban me from the LA Roadster Show!!

CB

24. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

To Cool, Bruce. I have to plan a road trip to the better part of Jersey, HAHA. Slim

25. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Brucie ,COOL, when will you be installing a flathead?

26. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Took this while I was out joyriding before the tow man came to get it :p

Attached Files:

27. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

It looks to me like that thing's in great shape ! If MINE was that nice , I'd be driving it by now , lol . Good luck with the build , it's gonna turn out great .

As for lowering the front , it can be done very easily & very inexpensively by swapping in a set of Ford Aerostar front springs (mid-90's - all years & engines are the same) . They only cost about 70 bucks for the pair through NAPA , they are a direct swap-out & it's been done by tons of Shoebox guys . They drop it about 3 inches .

28. shoebox50

shoebox50

Cant wait to see this one done.

29. Sweet ride cuz !! Keep thrashing on that and you can bring it to Salina next year !!! >>>>.

30. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

If you decide you want to try Aerostar coils Brucie you know where to call :)