Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Mystery fiberglass sports car... ID help needed!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fast356, Sep 1, 2010.

1. fast356

fast356

Looking for assistance in identification of this Studebaker powered, fiberglass sports custom. Owner says the seller represented it as a Glasspar, it is not (nor is it a Woodill), but it does resemble one of the cars at the Peterson Motorama in 1953. Any Ideas?
    Thanks, guys.
    Rodney Packwood

Attached Files:

2. Jay Ess

Jay Ess
    from New York

Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. 36C8

36C8

It looks close to the 1959 Almquist Speedster III

5. camarotim

camarotim
    from Eagle Mi.

I hope sombody can tell him what his is Mine has the same grille shape. Rodney my question is are the doors steel mine are so is my hood. does not have a scoop just curved shape to match body line. Is there a windshield with yours mine had a two piece double hump kind of things. I've seen a few wildfire pictures and they don't seem the same as what you have. yours looks just like what I got. Hope we get an answer. Tim

6. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Might be an old Kellison,,Devin also made similar

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  7. vetteson

vetteson

This car has recently reappeared on Ebay. This very sad looking wreck is not a '54 Wildfire. There has been much discussion about it. It may have been the Peterson Show car that was built to promote the Wildfire ('52) but is missing key Wildfire features such as the double humped cowl. It may be a Wildfire rear end grafted to a home-made nose. It has a flathead Willys(?) that was used in some early fiberglass cars. About the only things valuable on the car are the windshield posts and the top frame (if salvagable).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Othe...Cars_Trucks&hash=item2583a5b8e0&vxp=mtr#v4-40

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  8. Looks like some Studebaker components were used(headlights;taillights(?)and instruments.).The body almosts looks like it was made of resin rather than resin-impregnated glass mat.I've seen a couple of early miniature cars(56 Pontiac replicas)that were made like this and the bodies deteriorated in a similar way.Possibly was just for show.