Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 5w just waiting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plumfat40, Mar 9, 2010.

1. BEAR

BEAR

thank you and i get what your saying ....myself and others would love to see cars like this come back out to the road ...

2. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

that is one cool car!!!!!

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

GREAT POST! I wish the current owner all the best. HAVING the car is what it is all about, driving it is optional, IMO.

4. auto shop

auto shop
    from kentucky

Disc brakes and radials invented in the early 1940s!

5. If you love an old car like this beautiful old Deuce, it would kill you to part with it anyway. :D When people ask me whats for sale in my garage, I just tell them to wait for sale I won't be at!

6. colorado kid

colorado kid
    BANNED
    from Colorado

wow that is one awesome car

7. farcus1

farcus1

those valve covers are much later than 62's. More like 65 or later.;) Still a bitchin' ride!!!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Love the chrome firewall and the '57 Vette Steering wheel!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

I love the old CDR decal in the quarter window......that has to date back to the early sixties??

Did he run it at CDR?

10. Landseer

Landseer
    from VA

Just talking to a guy like that is cool.
    Print a build thread for your dad to read / show him.
    Link him to the present to link us with the past.

11. hemifarris

hemifarris

Great '32 with wonderful history. It's great that your Dad takes care of the old guy. That says something about your Dad. I also like your Pontiac......Mike

12. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Wow that car is cool.

It's basically irreplaceable. Why would he sell such a great part of his life? I sure wouldn't .

To the juniors that think they're owed some guys car just because, think again. The world isn't fair, it doesn't revolve around you, and maybe think about someone else's feelings for a change, huh?

13. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Like some have said before; ask the man or his family if you could get it running for him so he can take a few spins in it. If it was me I would not even care if i still couldnt get the car. I would get shear joy knowing Ive gotten it running for the man to enjoy. Sometimes possession dont bring joy its the experiences.

14. Its an engine swap, not a heart transplant. What the fuck has he been waiting for?

Sure, maybe he's too old now, but he wasn't in '62... or '72... or '82... or '92. See where I'm going with this?

It makes me sick to see that car sit... and you can tell him I said so.

JOE:cool:

15. That's odd... I didn't see that bit of information in the original post, nor do I see now that it's been the situation for all these decades.
    So, I guess I'll have to stand by my original statement. At any time, and in one afternoon, a running $100 engine could have been put in that car, and even if he can't drive it, someone else could have driven him around in it.
    Its a waste... plain and simple.

JOE:cool: