Register now to get rid of these ads!

a garage find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rambunctious, Sep 22, 2010.

1. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

2. cheveey57

cheveey57

crap!!!! the only year Ford Coupe I want. Wanna double your money??

3. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

coupe?

4. rambunctious

rambunctious

thanks for the feedback. I expected some resistance regarding the "
    streetrod" desires. :D

some of you missed my second post "the rest of the story" in that my dad bougth it 47 years ago for $85 and stored it away.

since we brought it home the first time ( when I was 18), I (we) wanted to street rod it. thats because I grew up in the 80's street rod era. but even then I said no SBC, I want the flathead....

believe me, I have an appreciation for period correct hotrods as we have a model A 50's hotrod. with all the goodies. flathead, 39 tranny, dropped axle, flat black, et.......that's why I hang here..... so I understand where most are coming from.....

we will see.........
    the best advice was to do something !!! or it will sit for another 40 years;)

thanks

Ramb

Ramb

5. I dig the front window curtains!

6. poorman

poorman
    from cleveland

wow nice find you are lucky i will give you your money back and let you make a couple bucks

poorman

7. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

So you are going to build a billet encrusted easter egg most of us would not give a second glance , I am glad sentimental attachment did not effect me that way.:(

8. roddinron

roddinron

A chop would probably ruin it. Don't cut the body, leave the flatty, lower it using traditional methods like dropped axle etc., and put on any wheels you want. Then maybe someday your son can unbolt the ugly ass damned things and put on some steelies.

9. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Don't cha hate the h.a.m.b. board? Never tell pepole what your gonna do and never show them what you have. Someone always has a better idea and a better way to do it. I wish you all the best with your car the way you want to build it. Cool story.

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

There are plenty of foosed-up '37 Ford 2 dr sedans already out there. Check out this link from carnut.com

http://www.carnut.com/photo/list/ford/ford37/f37t.html

Look at the sheer number of foose-style two-toned, billet-wheeled, belly button cars, and then take a look at #88 in the above link, a simple, tasteful, always-in-style way to build a hot rod

see also cvstl's avatar above

11. martinj

martinj

It's your car and you should build it anyway you and your son want too. Good luck and have a ton of fun!

12. thehardway

thehardway
    from Missouri

Well said......build the car to make you happy.....As if you listen to everyone else and build it their way......You will not be happy with it....It seems as if eveyone here is just building the same car anyhow......and they look down on anyone who actually paints their car and does not have white wall tires...just my 2 cents

13. bill3337

bill3337

When I found my '37 Slantback it had been sitting for 35 years in a field. I was tempted to clean it up and drive it, but it was pretty rusty once I stripped it, so decided to do what we really wanted. It's my wife's and she's made all the decisions so far including the chopped roof and I don't regret a thing........ Ready to knock apart for epoxy and painting now, looking forward to getting it on the road. Whatever you decide, make sure it's your decision, not just the popular thing to do. :)

Attached Files:

14. rambunctious

rambunctious

Bill
    that looks awesome
    man, that one has come a long way from your first pic !!
    after media blast, mine may look like that too.
    I like the chop (2"??) and stance a lot.

thanks for all inputs received

Ramb

p.s. the other car I have for all the die hard traditionalists... :D

Attached Files:

15. bill3337

bill3337

Thanks for the compliments. It's had a lot of metal work......cowl, door and 1/4 patches, partial floors and tons of other stuff. The chop is 2" in front, 1" in the rear and the rear window chopped only 1/2". She wanted subtle and I think that's what she got....I'll be anxious to follow your build once you get going. Bill

16. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

not to hijack rambunctious' thread, but your chop(bill3337) is the best Ive seen on a '37 sedan. Most are way too much, I'd say yours is just right..... nice work!

17. bill3337

bill3337

rear view.jpg Thanks cvstl, my wife can take credit for that.....lol. Here's one from the back too.

18. unibody

unibody

You come on a traditional site and tell us you are going to build a street rod with BIG ass billet wheels, well good luck with that. Streetrods don't usually run flatheads.

19. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

set the bud down & rethink the project .

20. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

belly button cars are for people with no imagination and usually have some form of insecurity. its sad that people have the need to "fit in" but its so often true

21. thehardway

thehardway
    from Missouri

Originally Posted by unibody
    who's "tradition" are you talking about?....As hot rods have been built alot of diffren't ways for many years, I personally don't like billet wheels on any car made before 1948, But If that is what the car owner likes that is what he should do!

22. Foose stye rods to build are spendy and very time consuming and in a few years they're outa style. Makin' a stock bodied but other wise updated rod never goes outa style and always increases in value. Never mind it's a hell of a lot easier. Really great car any way it's done, congrats.

23. Here is the Garage Find I found for $85.00...the red one! red hot rod.JPG :eek: