Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mustang 2 in a uni

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fastlane1, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Fastlane1

Fastlane1

I just finished remaking the front end of my frame on my 61 uni and now im going to install a mustang 2. I want to move the axle forward so its centered. Does anybody have stock front axle specs and or mustang 2 relocation specs?

2. Fastlane1

Fastlane1

Or pics of a mustang 2 install on a ford unibody?

3. Fastlane1

Fastlane1

4. RichG

RichG

What is a '61 uni?

5. Fastlane1

Fastlane1

6. RichG

RichG

Ah, thank you... I thought I was losing my mind:p

EDIT: I should probably add that my daughter wants the Crown Vic conversion done to her '64 F-100 when she gets ready for it.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  7. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Can't help ya any, but I'm going to keep an eye on this. Might need to pick your brain when I go to swap suspensions in mine.

8. Fastlane1

Fastlane1

Your more than welcome to ask any questions. Im also putting in a Chris Alston fab 9" with a 4 bar setup.

9. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Whats up Fastlane? Didn't know you were a HAMBer...
    Justin

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Look up everything you can on ELpolacko's truck. He nailed the front suspension with a Dakota IFS.

11. Fastlane1

Fastlane1

Ive been here for a while justin.

12. Would be nice if my former partner would get his collective shit together and start producing the kits again.

I wouldn't MII that truck, I would Camaro or Dakota subframe it, or even easier Jag XJ sedan front end before I put a Mustang II under there.

Couple of albums worth of pictures on the 61-66 Ford F100s I have done

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/ELpolacko/My 63 Ford F100/
    http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/ELpolacko/1961 Ford Unibody air bag frame/
    http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb93/ELpolacko/1962 F100 Andrew Santorios/

13. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Reasoning on the others vs the mustang?

I've been considering that or possibly something along the lines of a marauder...

Want discs, power and the ability to aribag

14. Man, I wish SOMEONE would come back out with the dakota stuff! I've got a 66 F100 (twin I beams) and the Dakota swap seems to be the only one that will work for me. I want to run stock type steel wheels for my dog-dish hubcaps so the track width of the camaro/crown vic swaps eliminate those. The aerostar/mustangII/Jag stuff seems to be too light duty to still use as a truck. Even though I want my truck to sit at a lower level, I still need to use it as a truck (hauling/towing) The dakota seems to be the only one that fits all my needs. With all the positive stuff I've heard about the dakota swap, I can't believe that more people aren't going that way with their trucks. Of course if nobody is going to make the crossmember for the swap, I guess it's a moot point....:(