Register now to get rid of these ads!

garage floor finishs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by whitey3518, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

Alright I can't read anymore, I sold a 50K square foot facility that repairs and disassembles 20 ton gas turbines for deep sea service, they "drag" 5 thousand pound cranks and blowers across the floors, have battery acid spills, and drag pallets full of parts across the floor 6 days a week. Granted, the floor system that I speced for that job was very expensive but I still stand with what I said earlier. I can write you a spec and tell you how to prep,apply and finish a floor that anyone short if doing it on purpose cannot mess up. 80% of floors fail due to prep work, 15% fail because of incorrect product selection and the rest fail because of things we can't control like moisture coming up or manufacture issuses. Until you have worked on a badass floor you can't say it isn't worth it IMO. Again, if y'all have any questions or would like a recomendation let me know! Sam

2. Tat-2

Tat-2
    from SoCal

Why not stain the floor.. They have concrete staing that you brush on and vacuum off the rest..It penetrates and goes if I remember right about 1/2" deep so if you scuff or chip it it will still be the same color...

3. mrrocket

mrrocket

Sherwin Williams H&C Shield-Crete Epoxy Concrete Floor Coating...Follow the instrutions and prep. biggest thing...MIX MIX MIX the 2 parts. Then, when you think your done mixing, MIX MIX MIX. Its is nice and easy.

And for anyone taking shit about painting a shop floor to someone who can afford it, has never used a painted shop floor....man, they are nice. Easy to clean, find your dropped nuts better, creeper and chair roll better, and you can still be "cool" and drink and smoke with a painted floor...

4. I second tazhogs' vote for U-COAT-IT. I put some down 3 years ago and it has stood up under engine hoist, engine stand, floor jack, pounding, dragging, bodies and frames sitting on it and it's still good. Easy to clean up spills. It is sensitive to acetone (makes it soft) but all-in-all has done good. Also, guaranteed not to lift under hot tires,etc.

5. whitey3518

whitey3518

well thanks for all the responses I think I am going to go with sears craftsman floor tiles they are the same as race deck but about $500 cheaper with all the stuff being dragged on the floor and with winter coming I will also be keeping snowmobile in the garage just seems like the best bet for me

6. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

I'm not familiar with the Sears type, but you mentioned snow. Be sure to check if the Sears type lets the water drain out and breath properly. You don't want puddles/mold under there. Just saying....