Register now to get rid of these ads!

Road a 1916 Indian today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nocoastsaint, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Make a motorised pair of rollers the old prik can back the indian onto for a static roll start .

Anyone who monkeys with that neat old indian needs to be locked away with one of those nice snug white leather jackets fitted.

2. tinknocker86

tinknocker86
    from california

Carefull my friend, those tanks are soldered NOT brazed! I restore antique Harleys and Indians for a living. Indian offered electric start in 1914, although I dont think your talking about retrofitting all the Hendee Special parts to your customers 1916 Powerplus. Best of luck to you! - Larry

3. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

The bike is worth big $ as is.... so sell it and by 50 crappy Chinese scooters....

4. bikeguydave

bikeguydave
    from Kentucky

Three words, "Don't do it"

5. Nice bike..no to electric start-yes to kick starting the customer.

6. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

As soon as I brushed a little paint off I learned that. Sent it out to a local old timer at a radiator repair shop. He was able to fix it up proper. Which is a good thing as the 'new' tank the customer bought doesn't fit for crap.

The customer is dead set on electric start, under the banner of 'why build something I can't enjoy'. Which makes sense, but the way he and the boss have decided to go about this is out and out ridiculous.

Tinknocker, as an expert in the field what would you suggest? As this electric start is going to happen even if the Virgin Mother herself comes down and tells him not to.