Register now to get rid of these ads!

Must see along I80

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yvan lacroix, Sep 24, 2010.

1. yvan lacroix

yvan lacroix

Next week I will be taking home a 1976 ramp hauler from Reno NV to Granby Quebec, along I 80. As a died in the wool car guy, what is a must see along the route(junk yards, tool stores, race tracks, cruise nights....) We will be leaving Reno Monday afternoon arriving in Quebec on Friday if all goes well.
    [​IMG]

Also

I need your help please. When you have a moment please view this short video on Youtube (vintage race car pictures). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udLOPOhTQKs In order to conserve my sponsors for my race car(and get new ones for next season) the more times this is viewed the better. If you also would be so kind as to share it with your e-mail links that would be spectacular.

Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udLOPOhTQKs

2. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Good luck with the drive take your time and do not push the old hauler to hard. I can't think of any real good stops on I80 besides Bonneville as I prefer taking I10 or I40

3. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

Speedy Bill's Museum of American Speed in Lincoln Nebraska. Check ahead on when it will be open and plan accordingly for the guided tour [one a day when I was there in '08]. A must see if your schedule works out, Right off I-80.

Ed

4. thunderplex

thunderplex

...didn't you just buy your ramp truck off of EBay? I was watching the auction.

5. yvan lacroix

yvan lacroix

Correct my dear sir!

Also any good eateries!

6. RichG

RichG

Wow, that's quite the road trip on an untested ride! You're gonna have a blast, here's to no breakdowns or problems on the way.

Rich:D

7. HATED1

HATED1

the harrahs car collection in reno is worth seeing. there is a bunch of stuff in there and some roth cars as well.

8. sixbangr

sixbangr

while you are in Reno, go to the Summit Racing store in Sparks.

9. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Don't miss the chance to get out on the Salt at Bonneville. Even if it's not speedweek, it's an historical place like no other. Ande while in Wendover, check out the old Air Base where the Enola Gay trained, there's some great vintage tin in the area. The "Con-Air" cargo plane is there and you can now go inside it.