Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Flathead Finished in Alberta

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Canada1, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Canada1

Canada1

My brother just finished a customer flathead a few months ago.
    Many headaches along the way - bad machine shop work, pistons with incorrectly
    machined ring grooves, carb issues.
    However, when finished a sweet running engine - unbelievable throttle response, thanks to
    carb calibration and PV work.
    Isky 400 JR solid cam sounds fantastic - may be a bit aggressive for a street engine.

Superflow600 was used (with some 3.5: pvc piping) to flow test port work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. brady1929

brady1929

3. tinmann

tinmann

........... and a very nice engine break-in stand too I might add.

That injun sure are purdy.

4. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey my motor made onto the HAMB. Cool. I built the engine stand initially, and gave it to Kelly(he finished it and painted it) when he started to build my motor. Kelly does real good work, he's a real fussbudget and a stickler for detail. Engine is sitting at home in my shop now, awaiting installation, probably this winter. Thanks Kelly for a great job.

5. Good to see another flathead in Alberta.
    For machine work on Flatheads we always use Powertech Engines in Bruderhiem just north of Edmonton.
    He is damn good, knows flatheads in and out, and has the proper tooling! Plus he is very reasonably priced!

6. 65 impala

65 impala

7. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

8. flatoz

flatoz

How long has the guy had the sharp heads? as I haven't heard of them producing them for some time now. Nice motor. but the start up rig nearly out does the motor!

9. Its Canada, they just got a running flathead, I think video is a couple of decades away... :D

10. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Nice looking flattie. It would look great in my 50 Merc. I have a running flattie, but could use some speed parts and a fresh coat of paint.

11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Ha Ha :p Smart ass :D

12. 29SX276

29SX276

That mill does look good,nice work.It's a damn good day when another flatty comes to life !:D

13. jvo

jvo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks. The Sharp heads were purchased a little over a year ago. They are reproductions, and Ol' Jer bought them for me, (he didn't pay for them, though). I "think" they are available from Speedway, can't remember for certain. The original Offy heads I bought were corroded too deeply to use, and are now garage art. It was just one more thing I got shafted on building this motor. There is a long long list of problems that we ran into, none of which have to do with the guy ( Kelly) that put it together for me. Ended up spending probably 40 percent more than I should have. Embarrassed to say how much is tied up in it.

14. HD74

HD74

Looking good!

15. Canada1

Canada1

Kelly is looking at designing a main cap girdle assembly for a flathead. A one piece design.
    I would assist with the SolidWorks drawings. This should be an interesting project, hopefully generate some interest.

Thanks jalopy Kid, good to know about a competent machine shop :)

16. 65 impala

65 impala

ha ha ah a lol the video cam froz in the igloo

17. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

18. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

good looking engine

19. Haha! Fussbudget. I thought my wife and I were the only ones to use words like that! That's a great looking engine and one helluva test stand!

20. fordnutter

fordnutter

21. Good going, its always great to hear another of Henry's finest running. Although I for one like to see them with a single two barrel for the first start up and 500 miles.................