Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Leonard Woods left this world today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobwop, Sep 22, 2010.

1. When it hurts more to live, than to die, that is our way of knowing "it's time". Sounds like it was time. My grandparents on my Moms side ended their lives. Some of us agreed with their decision, some didn't, but in reality, the only one that has to accept it is Leonard Woods himself.

RIP sir. :(

2. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Rest in peace my friend, one of the great ones! This may be Tim and Doug in this picture.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  3. oxo

oxo
    from England

R.I.P prayers to family and friends.

4. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

5. oldbutstillyoung

oldbutstillyoung

I hope this is not out of line but : Lennie is the son of the drag race Leonard Wood Lennie owened the car dealership and was into roundy-round racing with his son Timmie Woods they raced trucks,late modles, and nascar west cars
    sorry but some may not know
    REST IN PEACE MY FREND

6. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Really sad.As one who grew up in the early 60's in the south ,it was really great to see some one like him and Woods be accepted on the merits of their achievements.
    I told my wife one time that drag racing is one of the most non-discrimnatory sports around.Black,white, male , female;racing is what it is about.
    So long to another pioneer.

7. 296ardun

296ardun

You are right, no less an important person, though...think his father, the "Woods" of SWC died some years ago.

RIP

8. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

RIP... A true LEGEND :(

9. No Cents

No Cents

God Speed, Leonard Woods.

10. Hot Rodz R Us

Hot Rodz R Us
    Member Emeritus

I took these pics last year in Bowling Green

Picture 104.jpg

Picture 105.jpg

Picture 107.jpg

Picture 108.jpg

Picture 109.jpg

11. Deuces

Deuces

I've got 2 of those that I haven't even started on yet.... Time for a tribute build....

12. How lonely it must be in that last moment and so sad that a person who tried every thing that they could, but couldn't over come the obstacles that our misfits in Washington put in the way.
    May God rest his soul and may he now have peace.

13. How lonely it must be in that last moment and so sad that a person who tried every thing that they could, but couldn't over come the obstacles that our misfits in Washington put in the way.
    May God rest his soul and may he now have peace.

14. sad news..RIP Leonard

15. 296ardun

296ardun

I agree with your sentiments, but not sure what this has to do with the so-called "misfits in Washington"? He had cancer, and lost his car dealership...let's leave politics out of it.

16. So sad-today is the first I've heard of this tragic news. During my time at Art Center in Pasadena, Ford was pretty good to me, helping with money for school, an internship at their design studios in Dearborn and provided me support and encouragement on several levels, so during my time there, I felt a certain kinship with Ford. During my summers at school, I spent many a Saturday night up at Mesa Marin in Bakersfield and they had this great little compact pickup truck series using sealed engines with a claimer rule and if memory serves me right, the trucks were relatively inexpensive to run and quite reliable so the fields were full and the racing close. The entire field was made up of Chevy S-10s except for one little white and blue Ford Ranger driven by Tim Woods and sponsored by Leonard Woods' Chino Hills Ford. I don't seem to remember their truck running especially well, but when the races were over, Mesa Marin would let you go down into the pits after a 15 minute waiting period and since the Woods' ran the only Ford and I felt a kinship with Ford, I would stop down and chat with Mr. Woods, Tim and their family and friends-they were always nice to me, always wanted to hear what was happening at Ford Design and at Art Center, what projects we were working on etc. Even though they had just spent a hard-run night of racing without much success usually, they were always so very friendly and kind to me and I while I admit I haven't thought much about the Woods' in a long time as that was nearly twelve year's ago, I am very glad I had the chance to meet them and my heart is heavy to hear of Mr. Woods' passing. My thoughts and prayers go out to the entire Woods' family and friends.

17. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

Like most guys,following the gasser wars consumed way to much time that should've been spent studying in school...but, man was it worth it:) . Stone Woods Cook was the best. The benchmark for all the rest...

18. lowongas

lowongas

Very sad...RIP.