Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who's building a project on unemployment this winter?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indygasser, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Theonlylotus33

Theonlylotus33
    from Reno

Don't want to start a fight but honestly? innocents in the twin towers? 5000 dead soldiers? A collapsing economy, and a national deficit in the trillions? that doesn't make me feel like we lived in a "safe country. If the boat hits an iceberg you are allowed to blame the man steering the boat!

2. Master of None

Master of None

So much for this thread............

3. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Start a business? Hmmmm. Not a half bad idea actually.:cool:

4. Deuces

Deuces

.......... How about those Lions??

5. bobjob55

bobjob55

so,,, how do you think he did at keeping the banks in check ???
    start my own business ??? I moved out of oc. cal. 10 years ago to get away from the overcrowding .. did ok till the bottom fell out of the housing market .. now i live in a town that is only going because of the prison.. NO i can't work there,,, i have a felony ...

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

These threads always hit rock bottom when the history "geniuses" start showing up with their pre-packaged version of fiction.

For those out of work, nothing matters to them except that they are out of work. The bills that show up in the mail every month don't come with a provision to not pay them because "it's someone's fault, I read it on the HAMB".

I believe the question was ...
    "Who's building a project on unemployment this winter?"

7. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

I thought this was about building projects while out of work? You guy's are getting in a pissing contest about something you're never going to agree on or make difference.

Back to the subject:

Building a 59 Opel. Had this for some time and did a fourlink in it back in 06 then the project stalled. Last year fabbed in some front frame rails, Nissan struts with a kaddett rack and mounted the buick 350/350. Still need to plumb brakes and fuel, fab the floors and wire it. Would like to finish it by May.

Attached Files:

8. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Then shutup about the politics already. You keep bringing it up so go back to Constant Negative News and get your fill there. Everybody has their own political opinions, but this is about cars/hot rods here pal so please shut your cake hole.

9. Lost my job recently....not looking for one,don't want one and having a goddamn vacation for a change.When the money gets low it's a job lookin I will go.

10. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

You are just self employed if you are building a car while unemployed because sooner or later all that work is worth something. Keep it up!

11. bobjob55

bobjob55

ok... George didn't do it... i've been a mechanic in construction and agriculture equipment for over 35 years now ..and owned my own shop on the side ..in the area that i'm in,,, and for 100 miles around ,, there are acres and acres of equipment sitting idle waiting..and hundreds of mechanics looking..time for a change ,,,, ok....BUT,, at 56, and in not the greatest of health,, things are getting tough... i'm not complaining, but even the guards are getting laid off... i used to be able to pick up extra cash from working on there cars,, now they are hurting..move?? where? i'm sitting on 2 acres 400 month.. 6 pepole live here.. all my kids and grandkids.. if i was still in oc. there is a lot of work out there.. no work in Phoenix or Tuscon.. there is a waiting line of collage grads trying to work at mc dees.. i'm still picking up a few jobs to keep the lites on.. but nothing much.. not like it was a few years ago..

12. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Originally Posted by James Maxwell [​IMG]
    One thing about politics, when coming to a car board, it's nice to get away from all the politics, I can go to CNN or FOX or any number of political boards for that. It's about cars and people here, regardless of political views or beliefs.

Lets look at the logic of your statements. You say it's nice to get away from the political talk here and that you didn't start it. But you keep bringing it up. Makes no f-ing sense. How can you get away from it if you keep bringing it up? By bringing it up in multiple posts your are promoting the very thing that you are stating that you want to get away from by coming to this site. WTF????

It's not about following along, or who started it or the dates of the posts. It's about shutting the fuck up about the politics and talking about hot rods. So, are you done yet?

13. mj40's

mj40's

Retired about a year ago. Uncle Sam is helping me build my 40 Ford Pickup.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  14. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Apparently I don't fit in to this. I was answering the question posted in the title of this thread. You guy's are wrapped aroung the axle talking about something off topic from the question posted.

You're basing my ability to have a job on a few statements I made about you speaking politics on a non political forum. WOW! Wake up and smell the cat food. So now you get personal about someone you are not qualified to get personal about. Simply genious! Maybe recess is over, Oh wait think I do hear the bell time to go back to class no Johnny....

15. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

I didn't claim you started the political talk. By reading along, I see you seem to be promoting it. It doesn't matter where the posts twist and turn to. What matters is that we stay on the topic of hot rods. I would hope that someone that has been involved in this forum as long as you and that has the status that you have would take some leadership and direct the threads back to the topic on hand instead of joining in on the soap opera. But I guess you didn't get the hint that I was trying to tell you because you insist being right and promoting off topic conversation. Nuff said.

16. woodywagon1965r

woodywagon1965r

by the time our goverment takes all off my pay now the dreaded hst tax also thats gst an pst combined think its about 14 or 15 percent on all buys includin heat an hydro..it sure feels ;like i am on poggy ..does that count lol

17. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

THANK YOU!!!! It's about time.

18. and now back to Hot Rods....I got let go on Jan. 1. since then I have been tryin to knock out some "side work" that I had neglected while still employed. As soon as those couple of jobs are done I'm back on my 55 F100. I figure there is so much time now for me to put my metal working skills to good use until I find a job.

19. Hryj

Hryj
    from NC

There is hope! I was off for all of 2009 and had time to weld together my rusty Henryj before getting another job in 2010. Talk about low buck, you can't imagine! But I wanted to drive it and am. Should rebuild the engine and trans this winter and quite a few other things. Kinda hoping for lots of snow, and I hate snow.

Attached Files:

20. caper150

caper150

Lost my job in Jan. of 09, got more done to the house, shop and car than I did when I was working, got a PT job 15 hrs a week sometimes, went back to school and am going to start a job with what I went to school for but I'll only get FT hrs for 10 weeks of training, but I've been told that the hrs won't go down too much by the other PT guys who are getting a lot of hrs. Biggest problem is that I carried the health insurance and my wife is unable to get it at her job so it's been almost 2 (knock on wood) yrs with no health issues.

21. When the going gets tough the tough get welding.....and fabricating

22. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

I been doing it all summer!

23. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I would be doing wiring but i can't even come up with 20 bucks to work on some of it, off topic but it's a project. out doing serious organizing to find all my parts and pieces i've made to put my car together

24. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

No excuse, just think like a POS tweeker and hit the recycler if nothing else! Switch to cans instead of bottles or something, there is always a way to get enough cash to get some stuff going. Hang out on a street corner with a cardboard sign saying "Need cash for Hot Rod project", i'd throw some cash to anyone with a sign like that!

25. captmullette

captmullette

laid off aug. 2009, so far helped remodel a house, mixed and wheel barrowed concrete, cut lawns, and sadly sold all my guns ive been collecting for years, but ive still got my 31 and still putting one foot in front of the other............

26. Lost my well paid job in March,had a heart attack a few weeks ago and my mom is dying of cancer in the hospital as we speak.2010 has been the most fucked up year I have ever had to live through. I need a damn break.....

27. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Been out of work for awhile so work on my 54 has been slow. I get by doing work here and there for others and a little horse trading so i can do stuff to it.

28. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

sounds like my year, sorry about your mom, a heart attack can be mostly recovered from, good luck!!

29. indygasser

indygasser

back on the unenjoyment again

30. sling shot

sling shot

since september for me