Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Requiem for my best friend.........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safariknut, Sep 22, 2010.

1. We buried of beloved puppy of nearly 18 years today.Her kidneys and pancreas finally gave up the ghost and she hadn't eaten or drank in nearly 5 days.Probably the hardest thing I've had to do since I buried my son and daughter 27 years ago.
    She managed to outlast two of our other dogs and is now interred between them next to my garage/shop.I just finished the headstone and installed it.
    Sorry for the off topic post but it seems like that is all I can think about right now.Rest in peace Muttley;you are once again re-united with Brutus and Duke.
    First pic is her in happier times(chasing through the leaves)and the second is this morning just before we took her to the vet.

Attached Files:

2. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Buried your son and daughter? Oh my, so sorry to hear that. :(

3. BigEd

BigEd

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> safariknut,
    Just my way of saying I feel your loss.

My kitten of 17 years is in her last days now and will soon be waiting for me.

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very special, someone who was left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together...
    *Author Unknown*

4. Zerk

Zerk

Really damn sorry. My pup is on borrowed time; wish I could borrow a lot more.

5. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Sorry for your loss Ray. That really sucks. 18 years is pretty good in dog years, she must've been well loved.

6. studemisfit

studemisfit

I am sorry for your loss. i know the feeling. when i moved out west for two years our family(my parents had them) dog had to be put down cause of his hip problem(could no longer move at all) and one of family cats died(16 years). Tore me up cause i was not able to say good bye.

7. firingorder1

firingorder1

Sorry to hear that. Someone said don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened.

8. drs47ford

drs47ford
    from Western NY

Been down that road a few times over the years. It's the worst, isn't it? Very sorry.

9. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

sorry . Been there , got a pet cemetary in the back yard . I feel ya bro.

10. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Sorry to hear of your loss. Last time I had to take my best friend to the vet I hurt for days... She howled right before they put her down... She knew something was up. It was the saddest thing ever...

11. ttarver

ttarver
    from austin

Man that is the worst...... Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

12. Do like I did get another mutt. There a great companion.

13. this really helped me when I had to put my shelby down. I feel your pain, but they are just waiting for us on the other side.

14. farcus1

farcus1

15. I'm very sorry for your losses - we lost our 14 yr old Shih tzu in May - one of the toughest times for us.

Steve

16. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

Lost my Dog Monday to a massive heart attack - She didn't suffer - That's left to me - I had her for twelve yrs - She could tell when my seazures were starting and would herd me to my room or stand outside and not let me go anywhere.
    Just one of God's mashed together Mutts.

17. rick finch

rick finch

Man, that's tough I feel for you.:(

18. sorry for your loss.....my three muts found my shop one at a time...two snuck in a small space between the gate pole....one of my worst fears is coming in to see my place broken into...and my mutts hurt....

you did the best thing - it's hard....hang in there....

lwf

19. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Sorry for your loss.It really sucks.For me,it happened a few years ago.I lost my High School buddy.We graduated in '85.Than 2 weeks later,my 9 yo Rottie died at the boarding place over the weekend.So,I know how everyone feels.

Just this past Monday,my Father-in-Law passed away.

20. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I know how you feel, I just picked up my dog Sasha's ashes today she was 14 years and 4 months old when I had her put down on the 11th. I and my whole family miss her.

21. Sorry for your loss and happy that you had a friend you enjoyed for 18 years.

22. delaware george

delaware george
    from camden, de

man ray,i can relate(lost two,6 months apart,real crappy year),but that doesn't make it any easier for you i know....hang in there,i'll be thinking about you.

george

23. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Sorry for your loss, My family has felt the pain with the loss of our Penny ( 10 years old, heart attack & Fred (11 years old,cancer). She is in a better place and at peace.

R.I.P.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  24. I feel your pain. Lost both my dogs 2 years ago. They had long wonderful lives and brought much joy. Still it is hard to see them go.

They are buried together on my acreage where I see them everyday.

Here is part of a poem I saw on an English estate that had its own dog cemetary going back 200 years for their best friends.

Near this Spot
    are deposited the Remains of one
    who possessed Beauty without Vanity,
    Strength without Insolence,
    Courage without Ferosity,
    and all the virtues of Man without his Vices.

Lord Byron

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  25. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

Its the toughest decision to make but the best one in the interest of the pup. Condolences from our family to yours.

26. fbama73

fbama73

Sorry to hear about this. I always subscribe to Mark Twain's theory: "If you pick up a starving dog and make it prosperous, it will not bite you- this is the principal difference between dog and man."

Times like this hurt so badly because these creatures are such wonderful friends. I've been there, and I'll be there again someday. Dogs are too good of friends to have in your world, even though it's torture when it's time for them to leave.

27. Safari, unfortunately I feel your loss a little too closely. This morning, we buried our beloved Sugar as well. She passed from complications of her delivering 2 baby girl puppies a few weeks ago.

28. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

know how you feel. Our pets become part of the family but thier lives are short and we have to attend to thier passing in the most humane way we can. When I came to grips with that responsibility it made it a little easier to know I did the best I could for them.

29. Just a quick thank you to all who responded.

30. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

So sorry for your loss Ray. When our old dog passed on, the next morning, I had chest pains. That unconditional love makes the loss so hard to accept. Sending healing love & prayers from Erin & I.