Register now to get rid of these ads!

331 Hemi Problem with Zoomie Headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by waldrgd, Sep 22, 2010.

1. waldrgd

waldrgd

If I run zoomie headers, about 14 inches long, with no baffles, will it damage a stock 331 Hemi? The rod will be run on the street and I have heard it might damage the heads or valves without having baffles in the headers.

Thanks

2. Will you damage anything? Only your hearing and possibly your wallet from the tickets.
    Will you lose power? Absolutely. Zoomies only make power on Blown motors, on a non blown motor a 4 into 1 will make more power pretty much every time, by a bunch. Have you ever seen a serious race car of the modern era run a zoomie type exhaust that wasn't a blown fuel car? There's a reason why not

3. Autohellion

Autohellion
    from Meriden CT

Ya the cops love people who run those on the street, makes the money

4. waldrgd

waldrgd

What if I make some baffles and put then in all the pipes? It should pass the "Law" test then. Right? Does that help the power, since it has backpressure?
    Thanks

5. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

I been running mine on the street alot 4 days a week. And its load as hell lol
    With baffles as for as the cops go i been ok . Ive even smoked the tires a few times by them.

Attached Files:

6. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

Baffels should help, but if you get cold air on a hot EX valve stem bad things may happen lol In Georgia lake headers and any other type open exhaust will land you with a healthy fine, i don't really know why up here in north Ga we don't have any emissions testing or standerds so i guess its just the noise thang.
    Boswell