Register now to get rid of these ads!

390FE from Montgomery Ward!!!?wtf...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bombero59, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In the early 60's my folks bought me the 303 British rife that I still have at Sears for my 15th birthday. The had racks of guns in that store then and the rifle was 35.00 because it had been cut down as a sport rife. Original ones were 10 if used 15 or 20 if new.

In one area in Klickitat County Wa most of the mail boxes were made out of 55 gallon oil drums back in the 60's as the people who lived in that area did a lot of their shopping for their homes and ranches in the Wards or Sears catalogs.

2. '46SuperDeluxe

'46SuperDeluxe
    from Clovis, CA

Yeah that was cool, huh? Besides working on cars, plinking a bunch of cans with my dad and .22s was sure fun. I ..."am constantly pissed off that the world that I grew up in no longer exists," especially here in California..."you are fouling the ground water when the lead in that spent ammo leaches into the soil," no matter that lead is found in the earth not in the back warehouse of some "evil" ammunition manufacturer

3. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

there are a few of those Montgomery Wards houses built around here... interesting to say the least.

4. We had a MW Auto center in Greensboro, NC until at least the mid-80's. The retail store closed and the auto center remained open for at least 2 years after.

5. Falconred

Falconred

I remember when Sears sold Holman-Moody "Competition Proven" cams and Hurst shifters. The first chrome reverse wheels I had came from Penney's, 8" wide with MT tires on the back and 6" with regular tires on the front. With the stock gear in it the thing probably had a what equaled a 2:50 ratio with those tall tires

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

7. 61bone

61bone

I almost bought a big v twin motorcycle carrying the Allstate name in 62. Never saw another or heard of anyone that had.
    The local MW had several complete automotive engines in stock. They went to the dump when the store closed down. A buddy managed to rescue a couple of them before he got run out of there.