Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2011 Indy Goodguys Not at RacewayPark?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MercDeuceMan, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Maybe Chicago and Indy should swap dates??

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That would be bad for the swap meet though.

3. The Marion County swap meet in Sept has been dying a slow death for the last 15 or so years. So has the Indy Goodguys swap meet. No bad reflection on either one. Ebay and pure attrition in the population of the old time swappers has killed what used to be the common outdoor swap meet.

Incorporate what is left of the marion county swap meet into the Goodguys event in a new venue and help everyone

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That would be up to the folks that run the Hoosier Swap Meets I guess.

Even a horrible year for the swap at Indy is better than a good year for the swap at the Chicagoland show up to this point.

5. That would keep the drag racing at Indy?

If it does go to IMS would the drags continue? Hot Rod of the Year?

Indy would then be the weekend after the NSRA Nat's North in Kalamazoo, not bad.

The only downside would be that the Indy event would surely bring the inevitable rains to Chicago.

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

I would guess that an event at IMS would be without drags. Hot Rod of the Year would be unaffected though.

7. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

any truth to the rumor that you have been sold to the chinese???? IMS would be cool.i'm setting here looking at the photo of my 59 elky crossing the starting line from the 1991 indy hot rod happening.

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

I'm actually being rented by the Chinese.

9. 61falcon

61falcon

goodguys indy and blueswede norwalk have a great show and great racing all at one location. lots to see and do, its worth the price of admission. goodguys columbus, well they do get alot of cars and vendors, but racing is miles down the road at national trail. it gets kinda boring looking a bunch of cars just sittimg there. seems like im not getting all i paid for. if they move these 2 shows to locations without racing, i probably wont go unless they lower the cost of admission. dont get me wrong, i really enjoy being part of the thousands of cars that show up at these locations, but the big draw for me is the racing. i would rather go the gasser nationals and see the traditional style cars race, then sit in a parking lot full of cars just sitting for 3 days. thats just me, not pushing my opinion on anyone. just sayin. and im not offended by anyone that doesnt agree with me, i welcome their view of this topic with an open mind.

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

so you rent yourself out.........................hmmmmmmmm

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

gosh, I hope the drag racing continues.

the coordinator of our Nostalgia Super Stock group said this is the last year we are booked for the October GG at Bowling Green.

any light to shed on that, Kirk! ?

12. yngrodder

yngrodder

IMS would be very cool, especially setting in the infield watching vintage Indy and Sprint Cars racing around the track!! (HINT HINT)

13. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

When I first started going to that ( the 1st one) all I paid attention to was the show cars and thought the racing was a bit lame. Over the years I've changed 180 degrees. Now about the only show cars I see are the ones I pass on the way in and out. I go primarily for the racing. I'd sure hate to see that discontinued. IMS is neat but IRP or ORP is where the Hot Rods should be. I've got to know a lot fo the nostalgia racers and would hate not to be able to spend the weekend with them. I even got to meet Bobwop!

14. i like drag racing but if the indy show lost it , that would be ok for me i hate standing there trying to talk to someone and have to repeat myself yeah its a small bitch but im allowed to bitch once in awhile

for a town that has soo much motorsport history its not very old car friendly (i was part of the nightmare when the mopar nats decided to move to irp in the early 90's )

it wouldnt bother me if the indy show wasnt in indiana at all as long as it was still held in a nearby state like ohio :D :D

no offence to those in indiana but its not one of my favorite states

15. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

Hopefully the "powers that be" can get another date so that the Indy "Good Guys" does happen in 2011.

16. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

that's a great idea John.

17. paintcan54

paintcan54

Being a old exdrag racer I would not like going to a GoodGuy show in Indy without the drags, it just wouldn't be a Indy GoodGuy show. Maybe change the date, but don't move it from ORP. The fairgrounds is nice but I don't want to sit and look at cars for three day's either. As the hooiser swap and and any other show becoming one, I don't think that will happen.

18. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

The last time I taked to Gary, he was RETIRED, knowin him though not fully I hear that indy just is not the same with the big o and nhra at the helm, I,m sure it costs alot more as with every thing just my 2 cents

19. Framewelder

Framewelder

Please don't change location!!! The drags make Indy & Norwalk two of the best shows of the year!!!

20. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Is it true that you are actually from another dimension?

21. KIRK!

KIRK!

If I told you the truth your brain would explode and spill from your ears.

22. Well said, but please try and keep the drags, thats what I look forward to the most.

See you at Indy -- when I know when and where it is!

Eric

23. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

how come the IRSA members don't work the gate anymore? what's this about a new GG's Indy club? thanks

24. Choptop

Choptop

I heard Billetproof bought Good Guys. ;)

25. KIRK!

KIRK!

I heard Billeproof bought the Chinese!

26. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Any news on this Kirk!

27. paintcan54

paintcan54

It's all about change, after a time everybody wants something new. There is a letter on their web site about it.

28. guffey

guffey

Have you learned Chineze arithmatic yet?

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I completely agree and one of the many reason I haven't returned to L'ville in a few years. I mean how many years in a row do you want to visit the same venue and see the exact same cars parked in the exact same spots?

30. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

If it wasn't for events like Goodguys and billetproof, the hot rod reunions and bonneville and the like we all woulden't know one another....we'll just have to go slower..maybe less often, look closer, visit more and savor the moment, the connections and the efforts of our hobbyists and friends....some newness will emerge and keep us going.