Register now to get rid of these ads!

First annual E vs. W flathead run pics and report!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

That's Mark Anderson's car. hellrod666 here on the Hamb.

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

thank you!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. great pics!! and a great turn out of cars

4. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

FUCK that drive!!! No just kidding. I will say this, it did suck going 50mph and getting the shit kicked out of us in Josh's truck. I will drive a roadster next time and get wet if thats the case. It is something very good to build from. Jon and Chris as well as the rest of the group did a great job. It is no easy task putting somthing like this together. My hats off to them. Thanks again.
    Steve Glucoft
    Amocat Speed Emporium

5. ironbuyer

ironbuyer

Also Josh is completly correct our drive is almost all up hill!!!

6. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

sounds like you should move

7. TMoney

TMoney

Gorilla, Rabbit & Chicken played.

<object width="400" height="240" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1543437499701" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1543437499701" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="400" height="240"></embed></object>

8. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

I want to thank everyone that was able to go. I know all of Thee Emperors are super exited to do this again. Steve thanks for your support and thanks to all the other clubs that helped out.

John

9. Chris, Thanks for the additional pics of the 34 roadster I like everything except the 39 taillights. They look to wimpy where they are at in my opinion. (What do I know anyways?) Everything else is just plain tits up. I love the pic of your better half flipping the picturetaker off. You seem quite mortified by your expression. Will this take the place of the Hotrod-A-Rama? Maybe you should move the date into August to that one week in the year that never rains. Oh, wait, there isn't one. Whoops! Dale

10. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

So good!!!!!!!!!

11. Any chance you can post this video on You Tube for those of us who aren't on the Face Book?

Looks like a great time. I have been searching all day for a decent flathead driven truck after reading this thread. No such luck yet.

12. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

The generator(Red 39 Merc Coupe) died on us in Reardan......but what a blast! Do More next year everyone!

13. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

East Side ....47 cars!.............West side only 21 cars!!!!!

14. WEBSTER

WEBSTER
    Member Emeritus
    from Tacoma, Wa

Sorry. I got hi-jacked by the weather report, took a good look at the weather report, realized it was going to be a gully-washer, so rolled over and went back to sleep. I will be there next year for sure! Are you coming over for the Centralia swap meet this Sat? Terry

"Long live hot rods"
    Tom Senter, 1978.........

15. If it was on the west side, it always rains, but looking at the pics of that "desert", it should tell you it doesn't get much rain, or too often!;)

I sure miss all the trips we used to make to that area every summer, to race our Dragboat at Moses Lake. Beautiful country and great people. Now it looks like a new good reason to venture there.

16. yeah what does this guy know ? geesh ! That roadster was my favorite !

17. I was lucky enough to get rabbit & chicken tshirt. (tossed to the crowd)My gal asked what that was, she now knows. That was entertaining ! c

18. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Wait....when did ya get a roadster Chris????

19. Damn, I love GC&R!

Josh, got the roadster in March (I think)

20. Olds Mike

Olds Mike
    from Spokane WA

Great turnout of amazing Non Overhead vehicles. Thanks for all the pics of the event. One I have to ask about - the dark green '47 Merc Coupe. Who owns it? It might have been mine at one time. I bought it in '72 from Blanche Vertner, the original owner in Union Gap, near Yakima. I spent nine years freshening the powertrain which included a Coumbia 2 speed axle. Had the orignal engine pro rebuilt including a Speed-O-Motive 4" steel Merc crank, rods & pistons; Isky cam/adj lifters & J.C. Whitney headers.
    I sold the Merc to a Seattle area guy who was a friend of Al Bonley's. The Merc wore original paint with primered fenders when I sold it. Interior was all original.

Just wondering. It would be nice to connect with the current owner.

Mike

21. StrickV8

StrickV8

Oh man! Flathead heaven. So how far is Washington from Georgia?