Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scarlett fever custom motorcycle raffle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bob James, Jul 19, 2010.

1. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

im curious to see the delight in someones face

2. bonesy

bonesy

I'm in for a couple - My heart goes out to your family.

3. Bob James

Bob James
    from San bruno

TODAYS THE DAY ! 2:30 pm California time.
    We will post all the info later this eve. when we get home.
    You can still get tix ! 2:00 pm is the cut off.
    Our deepest thanks to all of you ! ! ! ! ! !

4. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

Thanks Bob, this is awesome. I wish you and your family the best with Scartlett. Good luck to everyone!

5. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

It feels like Super Bowl Sunday!

6. adamshumard

adamshumard

I'm too excited to sleep!

7. Personally,whoever wins the bike, I feel like everyone that has sent a donation is a winner so to speak,,being able to help in some small way a family that has faced many challenges most of us can't phantom..HRP

8. dirty52

dirty52
    from visalia

Do they know who won yet?

9. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

who won damit! lol

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The devil is in the details: "You can buy tickets all the way up to sunday sept 19th. the ticket will be pulled at 4pm..."

11. Flat_Broke

Flat_Broke

I'm refreshing this page like crazy right now

12. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

You can all breathe. He's not going to post any info until this evening.

Well said.

13. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

The suspense is killing me!

14. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

I guess I could have made the 45 minute drive over to Billet Proof and been there for the raffle.

15. flat34pu

flat34pu

:D 1374 was the winning ticket, but he was not there. Alan, and the Dragoons said he (the winner) has 5 days to collect then they pull another ticket.
    rich

16. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scarlett's family and the community that supports them and her are the winners. Everything else is secondary.

17. adamshumard

adamshumard

if only I would have bought 426 more tckets....

18. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Sent in money but never got a ticket? Does it have a name?

19. Bob James

Bob James
    from San bruno

Hey everyone we just rolled in, i put Scarlett down for some much needed rest and hit the message board.
    The winning ticket was #1374 The winner was contacted and said "i dont even know how to ride a motorcycle and i just wanted to help out Scarlett" He then said he wanted to sell the bike and donate to Scarletts trust fund. The lump in my throat was bigger than a Hudson hornet. There is no way possible my family could ever thank everyone here for the unselfish and heartfelt support the HAMB family has shown us. I can't express as a man how humbled i am personaly by it. When you have a child like ours and the state cuts her off from benefits, The people that are "supposed" to help with their programs, adivise you commit your child to the state to "ease the burden" (just writting this makes me want to knock that doctor out) And you get kicked in the face at every turn when your just trying to give the kid a better life, It is nothing short of mindblowing to find that your very own community of hot rodders, cars builders and enthusiest are the ones that step up to the plate to "Take care of their own" Well i can stand on a soap box and say this community DOES take care of their own and we will never forget that. I hope that even though theres was only one person that had the winning ticket, Everyone that was involved or even just followed this thread took something from it. Its because of all of you that a little girl in California with Rett syndromes life will be a little better. Thank you all so much from the bottom of our hearts and if you ever see us at a show, Please stop and say hi and let us thank you in person. All the best to all of you.
    Gratefully and with respect,
    Bob, Rosa, Bobby, Scarlett & Justice

20. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

1374 is not the number on any of my tickets. Oh well. Anyone know how many tickets they ended up selling?

21. Bob James

Bob James
    from San bruno

If you sent the money through paypal i can assure you the ticket went out within 2 days of your payment. we register each ticket immediatly after the payment comes thru.
    Thanks so much for your kindness and support.

22. jscoma47

jscoma47

I wish i was out there for the show and drawing... Congrats to the generous winner and to all who entered and donated.. every one of you can rest assured that you have indeed done a wonderful thing by contributing. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart!!!

23. bonesy

bonesy

I know it was only a few buck, but I'm happy to help.

It is SOOOO cool the bike will be sold and the money sent where it belongs! That is a good man.

I bet over haft the folks that ponied up for a ticket were going to do that if they won, I know I would have.

24. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Sounds like the bike went to the right person! It's cool when you find out there still are good people out there.

25. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

as much as i would have loved to have been riding that bike tonight it couldnt have ended a better way!

26. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

That's really cool that the guy's going to sell the bike and donate more $ to the cause. Love it. It's funny, at first glance so many hot rodders look a little rough. Tattoo'd, beards, just a rough looking bunch. We all think we're pretty hard, but when it comes to rallying together to help a little girl out, every one of us are softies..... lol....:D

Best of luck Bob. Thanks for the opportunity to help.

27. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

I call it being a concrete marshmellow. I think every one of us need to shake that mans hand, what a generous thing to do.

28. Well it looks I didn't win the bike, but I'm good with that (I don't ride anymore either ;)) because it was $100 well spent.

Best of luck Bob and it's been great to correspond with ya.

29. This truly couldn't have worked out better,,the winner is doing what a lot of guys including myself, say they would do in the same situation. HRP