Register now to get rid of these ads!

Redneck rumble deluxe photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davidwilson, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Firecracker

Firecracker

I was worried when I left out because I didn't know if they would let me in because my car is more of a low budget lowrider than a hot rod or custom. Once I got there I realized that my car fit in just as well as most of the ones there. I was worried that my wheels, being 13" Dayton wires would keep me out, but I saw plenty of knock off spokes for sale at the swap meet.

2. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

after attending every one of the rumbles except the 1st one, i would say that any car/truck that would fit into "ol skool rodz", "car kulture deluxe" magazines would be welcome & a lot of others too - there were some 3 axle rigs, a short school bus, some 4 wheel drives

3. ratrod0

ratrod0

I just got back. Had a grate time even won a MAJOR AWARD, its hard to go to a show where all the cars are HAMB frindly. but this show is getting bigger and better every year with out you all driving your car there and showing up,and letting the rats take over. pretty soon there wont be a show for you to go to.( I drove a 32 5-window red and black from Atlanta.)

4. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

i see what you are saying about the show and i cannot really comment on it as ive never been to that one. my comments were more directed at the rat rod stuff, which i absolutely despise. its a cancer on the hot rod scene and should be treated as such. anyone who builds a car like that as one of their own shouldnt be held in the same regard as real car guy. just my stinky ass opinion.

but hey, i live in california and around here its very easy to have a 98-99% hamb friendly car show with a great turn out. i guess i just take that for granted

5. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

that; sir, is one nice car!!

6. Hypersensitive much? :rolleyes:

wow....I only remember maybe two tables fulla crap out of,what...60-80 vendors? There was some good junk there.

PERFECT sentiments! I peeped your coupe, sir, and it was fantastic---thanks for driving it up(I'm starting my 32 project soon, hence the excitement with yours;))

While I agree with you to an extent, you have to consider "we" don't have the building material or the history of you west coasters, plus, there's a contingent of car guys that build for shock value(they read current magazines:rolleyes:) Each years the cars get better, so there is hope....

I like the Rumble---good music,junk, some great cars and bikes along with some complete highway abortions(hey, we all need a laugh), and time with good friends....which ultimately is what it's all about, right?
    Y'all shoulda stayed for the Demolition derby last nite.....like a cherry on top of an ice cream sundae---lotsa fun:)

7. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

There was a mess of bikes there that looked like in line with your avatar. So what are you saying????

8. aceuh

aceuh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I suppose that this could be a problem???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. aceuh

aceuh

10. aceuh

aceuh

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HAMB friendly texting?....Spotted this on the seat of B.A.Kings El Camino.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. aceuh

aceuh

12. aceuh

aceuh

One of my faves of the show...but what do I know?...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Spotted this on the interstate on the trip home...

[​IMG]

I'll be back next year...

13. Gerry Moe

Gerry Moe

Looks like an event that had something for all, something I feel ALL should have. One type squeezes creativity, variety creates creativity

14. outlaw256

outlaw256

well we been home a couple hrs. now and im tired and broke. but i loved it.i saw alot of high dollar builds and some that were pure junk. and a few i kept going back to look at. i had my ranchwagon there infact its in the first group of pics.hell that made me feel good.loyts and lots of parts for sale.i bought 2 gallons of acrylic enamel for 40.oo.now i just have to decide what cars i want to paint metallic red and metallic grey!most people were friendly. what i did see was a high dollar 5 window parked next to one of the rattiest rods and the owners were best friends.i looked at what i liked and walked on by what i didnt.most all were havin fun and talkin cars, aint that what its all about.

15. studenut48

studenut48
    from Hanson, Ky

I have asked this question for years, what is HAMB worthy? This picture thread looks just like any other I have seen on here. And from the car in your picture, I am sorry but I have mistaken as a "RAT ROD". And besides, it's the south, old metal does not do well here so we got to do something with it.

16. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

forgive me if i find your post sarcastic and facetious. if thats not your intention then let me know. last thing i want this thread to turn into is a "rat rod 101" course.

look a the pics aceuh posted in this thread. then look a the original posters link and tell me if you can spot a difference. then go look again at my wagon. if you cant figure it out, come on back and ask again

bottom line, the pics of the show are good. thank you guys for taking the time to shoot them and post them

17. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

You can't make everyone happy.

18. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

can always count on you aceuh for great pics.thanks. i get the finger alot for my little sign there.oh well sorry i missed ya, you to cwtc10. and i feel the same way about the bikes,looks just like the one in the avitar. spent a lot of time looking at bikes,and i ain't a bike person,but really good/cool bikes. i posted a little story about my trip home on the other rumble post,made for a great end for a great day. glad my buddy in the 62 made it home ok. now if the folks on the interstate would learn to move over a little bit so you could work on them:mad:

19. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I got a few pages and had to stop. there was some of the worse POS rides I have ever seen. As blackrat noted. "I do not understand the horrible things being doen to early PU cabs.." the pictures of the rivi and impala are nice so I might have to go back and finish the last few pages to see if there was a few decent rides..

20. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

this is frikkin cool!!! my son has a 70cc mini chopper. essentially the same engine. i wonder how fast that goes with a life sized frame and all

[​IMG]

21. Firecracker

Firecracker

Thanks again for stopping man. I think this week i'm gonna put a new fuel pump, fan, and thermostate and see how it does. 95 degree weather and all those hills were just hard on my old engine. If I can get it done by the weekend i'm gonna try to hit up the show at the college in Pulaski

22. Firecracker

Firecracker

There was more said than that, but that was the main point that they were making. What made me made is that some drunk rednecks were trying to start crap with me

There was alot of really bad crap there too. I saw valve covers that had so much rust that there was holes in them, and a few more than two with random junk on them. But some of the people could use alot of that junk on their cars. maybe just weld random pieces to the truck cabs or try to make a frame out of old parts. I didn't find anything that I could use, but I saw alot of people buying things and it was fun to look. It was a pretty fun show. The drive there and back was more fun than the actual show for me. It's good to see that there are shows around the south that are a little different.

23. caletcb

caletcb
    from alabama

im saying after looking at all the pics in the first post im glad i went to the football game in auburn which turned out to be a helluva game. ive been to the show ive seen the bikes there and enjoyed the show...but i get tired of seeing newer econoline vans with the top cut off and this trash people throw together and haul up to these shows. like 90% of the photos in the first post depict.the bike in my avatar cost over 12k to build, its not something i just threw together that pours oil and im afraid to ride. i wanted to go to the show i aint gonna lie, just glad i chose not too.

24. 117harv

117harv

Glossy paint or a nice outward apearance, does not a NON R-R make. I have seen some full fendered cars and trucks as well as open wheeled ones with sketchy, if not down right scary enginering and fabrication. Maybe i'm more concerened or notice more than most as i am a mechanical engineer/welder fabricator. Some R-R's are abit goofy and artsy at the same time, but there looks to have been some very nice rides there. If you don't go because of the R-R's you may miss some GREAT RIDES. It's like the H.A.M.B. threads, view it and if it's not your cup-o-tea move on to something that is.

Thanks for all the time you spent taking and posting the pics, they were greatly appreciated.

25. eh.....ok. whatever.....you were there--I wasn't, so....
    Ya know you coulda said someting like "can't beat 'em so I joined 'em" or something like that and laughed it off ;) Hey, I saw your car and dug it.....and it said lowrider to me. Lowriders and Mexicans are as big a stereotype as southern rednecks and jacked up 4x4s. I figured to get some flak over riding in on my geezerglide and parkin wih my club brothers.....but I don't care. Ya gotta have thick skin sometimes:) Life's tooo short, man

26. Great job to Scooter and Doris; RNR seemed to run real smooth and everyone looked like they were having a great time. I know we/poor boys had a great couple of days camping and checking out the cars.

The swap meet always has a item to score. Thanks "Ricky Bobby" for the radiator.

See you all at the next one.

27. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

I gotta agree with GMC BUBBA, Thanks for posting the pics, I enjoyed looking. Kinda reminds me of Beaterville, and I know Bubba digs that show.

28. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

GMC, you know there is a difference between a Rat and a primered car, just because it is in primer does not mean its a rat as noted by some other folks.

I am glad he and eveyone else shared the pictures, its alot of work and I wish more people would share their prictures of shows they go to....

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  29. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

i gotta admit that i'm pretty open minded when it comes to rods - i like them all - i have friends that have wheels i'd never run, motors i'd never run, etc. but i don't bitch about it - the biggest problem i have with rat rods is that owners go to extremes to make them look bad - saw blades, guns, tools, other junk do not belong on cars - besides that, it was pounded into me at a young age that rust is BAD - if something is rusty, fix it!! that's my opinion now - why not fix a body & at least put it in primer? i like flats, primer, even old faded paint but get rid of the rust

30. we had no problems what so ever, and it was an interesting show. not what i was expecting, i was lookin forward to some redneck fun. beer, burnouts, doughnuts, glazed or smoked, a fight or two. but it was all pretty laid back. there was some really well engineered rides and some great looking cars and some serious junk. i sold all my flat head stuff! yyaayy! for me. saw a couple of Olds. sixpacks at the swap meet, too bad they wouldn't fit my 455. lots of good people there. the swap meet was great. someone had another 50 Buick 4 door! drove it, 150 miles (all Original) kudos bro. the sun was a bitch, but i did enjoy the drive and my car ran flawlessly there and back. ill be back. sorry we didnt stay for the night. would liked to have done at least one big burnout. plus i got my wood back for my honda 750 bobber.