Register now to get rid of these ads!

34 ford windshield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by quickgene, Sep 19, 2010.

1. quickgene

quickgene
    from duluth mn

I need a windindshield with frame for my 34 5 widow coupe. I hear all closed car 33-34 ford windshield frames will fit the same. Other than 33 having a bottom lip & 34 being smooth are they the same ? Does anyone have pics of the 33-34 bottom lip change.
    Gene

2. alchemy

alchemy

I've been around 33's and 34's for almost 40 years, and I've never heard of different windshield frames (lip/no lip). Who told you this?

And yes, all passender cars (except cabriolet/woodie or roadster/pheaton) use the same windshield frame.

3. quickgene

quickgene
    from duluth mn

I found that lip/no lip info here on the hamb. I don't really care if it has a lip or not as long as they fill the hole ok. Gene

4. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

There all the same 33 /34 closed cars . :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010

5. Hey Gene . . . how is that flathead coming? Keep us posted and post a video when you fire her! Did you get all the valve train drama sorted out with your machine shop/builder?

6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

A 33-34 windshield frame will fit any sedan or coupe body style for those years- roadsters, phaetons and cabriolets are a different thing altogether.

7. quickgene

quickgene
    from duluth mn

Thanks guys sounds good. At least I get 2 years and many models to look for a windshield.

Engine is getting close to done, Maybe done this week.

I have the clutch setup at the shop being sorted out now. Lots of setbacks finding parts I need.

I have a fellow I know who is retired and is helping me find parts from him and his friends. I haven't known him long but he is a keeper for sure. He sold me the rebuildable 8ba with a 4" merc crank for $300.
    His merc needs a engine too, it has a ford 239 that he bought for $800 in it now. Was suppose to be good but smokes like hell. He says he thinks he has enough parts to get the old 255 back in there. Nice of him to sell me parts he may need himself.
    Pretty cool how some guys will give up parts they may need themselves at a fair price to help me. I guess it's the lesson here to pass that help on. Gene

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  8. i have a 34 pickup frame . not sure if it fits .

9. It does not.