Register now to get rid of these ads!

Redneck rumble deluxe photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by davidwilson, Sep 19, 2010.

1. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

2. Sealed Power

Sealed Power
    from TN

Nice pictures, thanks for taking the time to post them. Wish I could have been there, looks like a good turn out.

3. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

biggest & best ever!!

4. caletcb

caletcb
    from alabama

looks like alot of ratrods, im glad i changed my mind at the last minute about making that trip.

5. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

Didnt make it past the first page,Rats.

6. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

looks like a rat rod invitational. certainly not HAMB worthy. id rather see those cars sitting in bone yards rotting away

7. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Some nice traditional rods in there amongst the RR's. Thanks for taking the time to post the pix.

8. wvenfield

wvenfield

It takes a lot of work to post that many pics so I went through them. There is a lot of good stuff there if you take the time......

But yeah, we need a new messenger to warn people about laying off the bad acid.

9. madgrinder

madgrinder

Thanks for the pics. I always bring a camera and forget to use it.

I went... a buddy's band was playing. I walked the whole grounds and found several little "trick" things that were inspirational to me.

Rat Rod or not, some things were innovative.

It was funny seeing all the locals playing "dress-up". Brand new jeans cuffed, new Chucks, white T-shirts still with the wrinkles from the display-pack.

I dressed as-usual... old-ass Hawaiian shirt, worn-out denim board shorts, beat-to-shit black Chucks. They looked at me like I was an alien. I liked it.

10. slobroy

slobroy

I've gone the last three out of five years, the show is getter better each year. Yea, a lot of rats show up but they are fewer and fewer each year. The cars with paint are starting to show up more and more and a nice mix of customs getting filtered in. I saw a lot of peaple enjoying them selves especially the ones playing "dress up" , and those were mostly the women, fine women I might add. More vintage campers showed up this year. Like I said the rats were there but I just kept on walking, not my thing either. My hats off to Tommy and his wife Delores they did a great job on this years Redneck Rumble. over and out slobroy

11. Thanks for the pics,we had a blast at the show cant wait till next year....

12. Firecracker

Firecracker

I made the trip this year. It was 7 hours round trip. It was fun, but I probally won't make it next year. It was a little to sceneish for me. My car didn't really fit in anyway. I brought a camera, but I only snapped about 20 photos. I'll post them later.
    My car overheated on I-65 because of a traffic jam. It ened up vappor locking and I had to sit on the side of the road for a little while. I thought it was funny that the people with the rusty shiz on trailors didn't bother to stop. A few people I knew stopped and a guy from bham with a wagon stopped and helped out too. Thanks to those that stopped.
    That was the longestvtrip I've ever made in my 62, and being that I only spent 30 mins on the side of the road and still drove it home, I would say that's pretty good.

13. Thanks for sharing

14. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Nice pics and thanks for posting !!!
    I cant believe some of the comments above ! To me you posted 430 pictures of the most hamb friendly pics i have seen in a while. All cars start out in the "rat" phase and i aplaud the guys that have built it , and drive it every where they go.
    Everyone cant drive a shinney car !!!
    Dont like rats then walk by them and look at the pretty little easter egg painted trailer queen sitting next to it.
    I like all the cars period and to have that many of anything show up has to be a ball.
    Next show is the "hundret car in Decatur Ill" ( they dont allow easter eggs in the grounds)

Me, i plan on attending the redneck rumble next year !!!

15. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Nice pics. Thanks for posting them. Have always thought about going and probably will next year.

48 Poncho

16. Firecracker

Firecracker

Most of the cars that we're there were NOT driveable. I saw plenty of them that didn't even have alternators or fans. I saw cars with the front suspension tact welded in. Cars with no floorpans, cars with some of the worst oil leaks i've ever seen, and cars with the front wheels that were folded out from the front suspensions being somepletly worn out. The parking lot was packed full of trailors. The majority of the cars there yesterday were extremly unsafe and undriveable. MY car is no where near a "show car." It's just something that I enjoy working on and driving. I drive it almost everyday. But, with that being said, If building something that you can only pul on and off of a trailor is your thing, then build it and have fun building it. Most of the stuf that was up there was too far gone to build a "nice" car anyway

Another thing that pissed me off was a racist ass hole that was at a gas station with his rat rod on a trailor, and when I got out of my Impala, which has wire wheels on it, he said "You know you're not a Mexician." WTF? What I did know is that I was 3 1/2 hours away from home, and I was driving my car back.

17. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

thanks for sharing the pics

18. ratster

ratster

thats why i stopped going to the show.

19. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

I drove up on Sat. It was a lot bigger this year.I was impressed in that more NICE cars showed up. Bands are always good and the swap meet is getting bigger and there is just about all used parts there.
    Nice Riviera
    [​IMG]
    Jack White was there checking out some cars and asked me a few
    questions.
    [​IMG]
    Nice 63 Impala
    [​IMG]
    A fellow HAMBer and Alliance Member was there.
    [​IMG]
    Nice coupe
    [​IMG]
    Some nice 32 five windows.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some nice fifties coupes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Granted ;this ain't the Grand National Roadster Show but it is begining to pick up momentum. I enter a car every year but don't hang around for the trophy presentation. One year I won:eek:!
    Like any meet,there is going to be junk and cool stuff.

20. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Thanks a million for posting all the pic's buddy!
    My 60 + year old feet would have never lasted long enough to
    see all those cars.
    Looks like there was a great turn out of really cool cars.
    I guess I'm too old to appreciate the "rodentia rediculoso" or
    the "patina-ed piles of "shucks"".
    And I don't understand the horrible things that are being done
    to early pick up cabs where the ugliest front end seems to be the goal.
    Some look like a magnet that has been rolling around in an old
    bucket of rusty scrap bolts and hardware...ha-ha-comic relief!
    Be that as it may, thanks for the tour man!

21. Boy. There's a whole lot of ugly all in one place. Possibly the weirdest stuff I ever saw...

22. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Yeah,some of the cars were weird too :D.

23. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

hey, lighten up a little - it's an excuse to get your car out & raise a ruckus - lebanon is very rod friendly - we tore up the downtown friday night - lots of noise, smoke, flamethrowers - the swap meet alone is worth the trip - i see cars every time i get out that i don't like but it's their money, not mine

24. Firecracker

Firecracker

the swap meet was one of the best parts of the show, but at times it seemed more like a flea market than a swap meet. Too many people just selling random stuff like swords, t-shirts and plastic hands.

25. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

you sir, need to read the hamb more often. your kind of ignorant opinion is what helps keep the rat rod/shock rod culture alive. all cars do not start out in the rat rod phase. a rat rod is a rat rod is a rat rod. theres a huge difference in a car with actual engineering, attention to detail and respect for tradition but a lack of paint and a shitty rat rod as is evident below.

[​IMG]

26. Firecracker

Firecracker

just a random question, were any of you guys watching when that drunk dude on a golf cart ran into the back of the short bus? I can't believe the owner let him go. As crazy as painting a bus up with skulls and airbrushing "Ghoul Bus" on the back of it is, he had put a ton of money into that thing and the golf cart knocked a hole in the back left corner.

27. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

that was a spectator that was on a "riverrat rods club" golf cart that he had borrowed from them - the club said that they were going to make things right this week - at least the club is stepping up - i can't imagine what would have happened if the guy had hit a '32 or a custom! you can't fix "stupid"

28. aceuh

aceuh

We drove right at 150 miles each way yesterday and had a great time. I left my Caddy at home because I didn't think it'd be let in due to it's current rolling stock....Once inside it seemed that wheel selection as well as the cutoff year was being ignored... Not complaining, just sayin there'd of been one more in the show had I known this (and yes it has shiny paint). I walked past the stuff I didn't like and made the most of the rest of em... We'll be back next year if they do it again.

I can add a few pics to this thread if the OP doesn't mind...

29. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

no problem with adds

30. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

At the very least you did adress me as "sir". The problem with email is emotion cant be shown ! I responjded to your post because i didnt like what you had said and posted , and i still dont!!!!
    To say the Red Neck Rumble is NOT hamb friendly is incorrect ! All cars are hamb friendly.
    If you would take the time to do a little research you would see that most of my #1989 posts are on the hamb have been helping differnet car owners and builders with there problem ignition systems and cars etc. Also if you would look at some of our pictures you can also see that some of our cars dont have paint. Everyone has their opinon and i have mine.
    The show IS hamb friendly because they had cars there , i had many friends who went and enjoyed the show "rat" rods and all!!! Some were very nice and painted and a couple were not, however they all drove from Indianapolis to the show.
    You " sir " just need to drive your four door wagon to the ocean and cool off !!!!!!!!:eek:

This holier than thou attitude will screw up one great group of car guys !!!