Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member checking in

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mustangGTS, Sep 18, 2010.

1. mustangGTS

mustangGTS

Well, Hello! !

My name is Russ, and I live in Corpus Christi, Tx. I basically grew up in my dads shop building streetrods. Everything from a chop-top 1929 Erskin (pre studebaker) to the ever present 1934 ford pickups that my dad loves. (2nd one, 3rd rebuild) A few from the 40's, a few from the 50's, some 60's muscle, and even a few 70's era cars. Lots of 30's stuff though.

I myself am not deeply involved in the 30's stuff, besides helping my dad out here and there now that he is retired. I mostly mess with drag cars, muscle cars, and custom cycles. My brother only really cares for the bikes.

So why join the H.A.M.B.??

Partly due to my want to build another real car in the not too distant future, and the other part is the wealth of knowledge that is in the community. I have lurked on your board for nearly a year, and finally decided to join up.

Thanks for everything in advance, and I look forward to learning a lot, and hopefully I can offer some information along the way.

2. big bad john

big bad john

...Russ....thanks for the nice intro.......Welcome to H.A.M.B. from Wisconsin .....lots of good people here to help and give advice to you....enjoy the ride.....Big Bad John

3. Welcome from Arkansas...

4. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you have had a lot of interesting cars.

5. mustangGTS

mustangGTS

Some of the ones that I have owned or helped build stand out more than others. Here are the favorites:

1969 Nova SS (first complete build that I did by myself, and it was mine)
    1955 Buick Special w/455, 4 link, 9 inch (my moms car)
    1939 Ford pickup (customer car)

and helping on my dads current build that is another version of his 1934 for pickup.
    this time he opted for the flathead, edlebrock heads, Navaro intake, 3 stromberg's and built an adapter to put a t-5 5 speed behind it. He also made stanps and pressed some new bodyline sections, so he could make it an extra cab. (no window in the extra cab) streched the rear fenders 2 inches, and tapered the original runningboards to fit the Fenders.

Hope that I can be a benefit to your community. Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

6. 117harv

117harv

GREAT intro Russ, welcome to the HAMB.

7. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

Welcome to the H.A.M.B from Georgia!

8. Welcome from Connecticut

9. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

pre-STUDEBAKER? They opened in 1855!

Anyway, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and the RediRad Engineering Team Welcome YOU!

10. Nasty Nate

Nasty Nate
    from California

welcome from so-cal