Register now to get rid of these ads!

old carnival bumper cars. Who,s got any ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LEEBO, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was recently in a salvage yard and sat in the shed rafters was an old bumper car ( dodgem car), after a bit of negotiation the guy gave me it. gonna flame the big girl and stick a scooter motor under it. anyone got any pics of dis sort of thang

Attached Files:

2. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

hey, that was a really good find. At a swap meet I saw ONE of those dodgem cars (it wasnt that body style though, yours is much nicer) for sale for $500. It was in about the same condition as yours too. HOW in the HELL did you get a free ANYTHING from a junkyard?????

Briggs

3. The guy who owned the yard was closing down, I managed to find him a little bit of work so he gave me a truck load of gear including some 1950s scooters and an original 1950s victa lawnmower that runs ( soon to be flamed). It shows you if you do a good deed ya get lots of kool shit back!!

Were thinkin about makin a flop mold from it to make some copies, if we make em run I reckon I;ll get good money for them..

4. RoadSavage

RoadSavage

5. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Flamed, scooter-charged bumper cars, what a concept! Hell, I'm still hung on chopper-style scooters... [​IMG]

6. heres a shot of the back, all da fittings are solid brass with proper plastic tail lights mmmmmmm!!!

Attached Files:

7. CUT IT OUT LEEBO!!you've got stuff i want!!stop it! [​IMG]dont make me come down there! [​IMG]
    the Reverand

8. HEY rev

I,ve got a shed full of stuff, Oz is abit of a haven for kool old gear, I,m always in the market for fuel bowsers, enamel signs, cars and early push bikes

Attached Files:

9. fc ute

fc ute

bloody hell leebo, i had number 13 from the same set!
    i had it out the back for about 5 years and was going to do the moulds but you know how it is, too many projects, so i sold it to one of the perth rodders about 6 months ago.
    the taillights are actually glass

10. Rooster

Rooster

There's a local guy who has a dodgem car. AND he's even got one of the generic style "Turnpike Cars" too. Those are the gas powered ones that you steer on a cement trail, with a center rail to insure they stay on it. This guy has made molds for Cedar Point Amazement Park of a 62 Vette and 64 Cobra but couldn't get them to let him pull one for his own use, even on his own time. They're currently trying to figure out what the next, Best vehicle would be to reporduce in scale for the ride but can't come to a clear decision...

11. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

Bought one for my Dad cuz he said he wanted one. Been sitting in his garage with a blanket over it for years- guess he didn't want one after all?
    Got it from the HAMB's own ScaryLarry. One thing- those bitches are HEAVY with the solid rubber ring around them. Seriously painful to move.
    But the REALLY cool thing- those bumper cars (at least his) run on an electric motor. Used to get power from the grid above. So all you need to make them run (assuming they're complete) is a bigass extension cord and you can drive them around your driveway with working lights and everything.
    Of course they have no brakes and you can't go too far, but that's no different than most of my real cars.
    ~ Rob

12. dixiedog

dixiedog

Killer find - those would make a neat mini custom - flake it flame it and put on a small chassis with a 4 banger

It's interesting that even the bummper cars have the steering wheel is on the right side and ours the wheel is on the left.

13. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Type thunderpig into your search. Streetable bumper car. You'll like it! [​IMG]

14. Seen 'em done as trailers to haul coolers, etc. to shows.
    I'd like to have one or one of the little boats from the "boat ride".

15. Thanks GV gordon THUNDERPIG MMMM yummy

Hey FC how did I know youd have something like that hiding in your shed

16. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Leebo, I think you should put that thing up for auction (money going to the Ryan) and ship it over to the states so someone like myself could have it..... I know I would do the same thing as you, ad motor, beer holder and go cruzin the neighborhood for chicks..

make sure you post pics when you get it done

17. unfortunately the bumper car is way down the list. Were about to try motorising a couch for an up and coming car show, should be koool wer'e gonna try to airbag it!!

After too many beers last night I'm thinkin about scrubbin all the paint of my sedan delivery and signin the doors to make it look old school, what are they callin it neo patina. dunno though could be abit too trendy

18. How about an electric Lightburn Mule?
    They are a small 32 volt eletric ride-on vehicle from the 50s that were used for hauling one or two people round a factory. Brakes, horn etc are already taken care of. Top speed around 30mph with the governor removed and running on 36 volts.
    Ive got one flamed and fully restored which we take to swap meets, car shows and race meetings and cruise up and down pit lane.

19. Now this is a very very old thread, but its time for an update on the old Dodgem Car:D
    Shes all up and running, its a little too fast so we need to be careful, put some paint on it today and finished the bump strip.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Watch the Video, I'll say no more:cool:
    http://yfrog.com/j431082010007z

20. Seat is being trimmed this week and then were all go!!!

21. ripsrides

ripsrides

A friend sent these pics to me dont know where she found them but cool little cars

Attached Files:

22. wvenfield

wvenfield

All done in a short 7 years? LOL, sorry I couldn't resist. I like it like that better than flamed.

I'd love to get one. (for free)

23. 48fordcoe

48fordcoe
    from In

heres my over 1000 miles this summer on it .

Attached Files:

24. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

Those are very cool!! I have an old dodgem bumper car from Euclid Beach - I converted it to run on 2 12v batteries. It presently doesn't go very fast as the motor isn't up to the task, but I recently picked up a cushman motor that ought to work out alot better. The only deal with mine is that I don't want to change (paint it) or cut anything - so everything is a bolt in. I wish I had a bigger garage...

25. Now before I start i have had lots of beers so I hope, not to offend anyone!!

When doing a dodgem car,the fun is NOT SHOWING THE WHEELS OR WHAT MAKES IT RUN.... if it looks like a dodgem car and drives like a dodgem car people will love it!!!!, cos they cant figure it out... Our motorised couch has been on the road for about 6 yrs now and still freaks people out.. it has full brakes, 4 gears and its very very fast.... People have said "hey I'll make one of them" I say "go for it" the engineering was ENORMOUS
    [​IMG]

26. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

HAHA, that looks like a hoot. LOL

Doc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.