Register now to get rid of these ads!

what r u guys using for seats in your 35/36 ford coupes

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lonestarentertainment, Sep 17, 2010.

1. When i picked my car up last week, i had a nice little plan laid out in my head for how i wanted it to look eventually...........

I was thinking of running some sort of bucket seat out of a 60's era car....
    Mustang, thunderbird, camaro, impala or who knows what.... last night while drinking with a buddy he informed me that he had bought a new pair of buckets for his barricuda and if i wanted his old one i was welcome to them for a whopping price of FREE.....

So i came home and did a few searchs for 35/36 coupes like mine that where running buckets

Man im not too sure now

the red one has seat out of a early mustang
    the blue on has seats out of a Honda minus the headrest

to me both sets of seats look entirerly toooo short and way under sized for the car..... Which makes me ask what Are you guys on here with 35/36 coupes using for seats????......

Info would be great and of coarse pics and info would be AWESOME

Attached Files:

2. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

I agree that those seats look way to short and you would have your package tray hitting you across the shoulder blades. I have the stock bench in my '40 coupe, but then I like the stock look. Here's a thought. Cheby Silverado has high back buckets that would fit, but the coolest part is that the seat belt and shoulder strap are built into the seat.

3. jawdrpn36

jawdrpn36
    from bay area

I guess i can't offer any advice !!

4. Dont get me wrong, i love your car in fact yours and the blue one are kinda the inspiration behind the build of my car... I been switching screen saver on my phone from yours to the blue one then back again for over a month now.... Just so every time i open my phone i can study the two cars a bit and pull something else from the pics that id like to incorporate into my build....... In fact your car is the reason i first thought i would run some sort of 60's era seats in my 36...... But then after studying the pics it looks as if they (visually) are too short for the car.... But now im really up in the air cause yesterday i was doing some stuff inside my 36 and turned and pretended i was driving and realized i was going to need something that was close to the floor..... I really dont know what im gonna do as of yet, but the one thing i do know is im not gonna look a gift horse in the face.. When my buddy tells me to come get those Barricuda buckets im gonna run over there and get em..... at least that way i can judge for my self first hand

5. Retrorod

Retrorod

I messed aroound with several styles of buckets before returning to a bench in my '35 sedan. Nothing really looked good...or "sat" good. My bench seat was VERY easy to live with last summer when we did Route 66. A coupe is a bit different but I have to be comfortable...and that's it.