Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Bonneville 2010: a 200mph Club short story

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hans' Rod & Cycle, Sep 3, 2010.

1. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Great story Hans! Sounds like lot of fun....and tons of excitement! Have you read about the two norwegian teams that are currently building belly tanks? I think at least one of them plans to take their creation to Bonneville!

2. NoSurf

NoSurf

What a great story. Thanks for taking the time to share it with all of us. I felt like we were kicking back in the shop listening to your tale.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  3. ST. 515

ST. 515
    from TEXAS

Awesome story Hans, now you can help me with my project! Houston is becoming a red hat town:)

-Saint

4. firingorder1

firingorder1

Hey Hans! Have you taken the hat off yet? If it were mine I'd have it surgically attached to my head!! : - ) Congrats again.

Bill

5. Thanks Bill...yeah, still haven't found anybody over here that knows what it is...guess I just have to kep wearing it..;)

6. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

Great story Hans - I'm glad to have played a small part in your success. Red hat story - Joanie and I went on a cruise the week between Speedweek and World of Speed. The ship had 6038 passengers and 1500 crew. I wore my hat and/or shirt every day and not one person asked me about it or what it takes to earn one.

Welcome to the club,
    DW
    "Bonneville is not a bucket list item, it is a life style." Allison Volk 2010

7. firingorder1

firingorder1

Dan, I think the key word in your post is "cruise". No one every got a red hat by cruisin'. Those that know don't have to ask. Those that don't will never ask because they will never understand.

8. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

Bill,

The 'cruise' I referred to was actually a cruise! On a ship kinda thing, water all around, 34 bars, etc. And yes, those that don't experience the satisfaction of a record at Bonneville will never know and maybe dismiss.

"These things are hard to get..." Tom Burkland, 2008

DW

9. firingorder1

firingorder1

"34 bars" and you're still able to type? I'm impressed!

10. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks for the story.

11. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

I remember how you were when you got your RED hat.At 9:eek:opm You were still talking a mile aminuter:p
    Only those people that have been involved at Bonneville will know the true feeling & just a few ,like yourself with the Red hat knows the rest of the story

Randy

12. MattStrube

MattStrube

Thanks for sharing Hans....