Register now to get rid of these ads!

You know you all do it!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BCR, Sep 17, 2010.

1. skoh73

skoh73

It's the only way I get to see my car moving from the outside

2. fathead429

fathead429
    from Yuma, AZ

my ole lady gets pissed when we cruise by the tv station (big glass front) realllll slow because I am checking out how the coupe looks while "profiling".

3. norton

norton

Funny, I did exactly that in my ugly van!

4. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

I've done it at the same old office for probably 25 years and several different cars now. This one has slanted down windows which gives you a great profile shot. Getting nervous now because they are finally building a new office next to it. If they tear the old one down...what am I gonna do!

5. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

I do it everytime i drive my car!!!

6. yep! i look in the windows to, seems they look so good in the windows..

7. Eight433

Eight433

The very small town I live in has an absurdly large outlet mall. I drive through it all the time, looking at the car in the windows the entire time. I'm also looking for T&A, so it's really dual purpose...

8. YoungGun

YoungGun

i love it theres a nice big window in town

the BEST is big rig wheels with the big flat round chrome center caps they make for great pictures

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sure I do it, I just hate the driver. He F***'s Up the whole thing for me.

10. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Been there done that,

Sometime my friend and i Swap rods, just to see our own going down the road.

11. cruzr

cruzr

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is a pretty fun thread. Thanks, BCR.

Of course I've done this, but also a variation...a different twist to the idea. Years ago, I owned a '51 Buick Roadmaster 2-door hardtop. One summer night, my wife and I wanted to go outside and enjoy the night air, and a "smoke". I had the Buick parked facing the back of the house and garage. The Buick was really comfortable, so we sat in the car. You know how if your house is close to the street, and you have the lights off, the lights from the passing cars will beam an image of the window into the room, and race across the walls? Well, our house wasn't so close to the road, but we lived on a curve, and as each car passed by, it would beam a silhouette-image of the car...and us...on the house and garage that would move...as if we were in motion. It was such a nice night, and we sat there for quite a while just watching ourselves "drive by". LOL.

One more kinda fun thing...Somebody mentioned enjoying revving their engine, and bouncing the sound-waves off the store-front walls. I used to own a '52 Chevy with a 216 six with open pipes...pretty "buzzy" There's an area of I-696 not too far from us that has some major overpasses, with huge cement walls...pretty much a "tunnel of cement". Anytime my wife and I would pass through that area, I would build up speed, and let off the gas as we went through. AWESOME echoing reverberations! Sounded like a damn airplane! LOL.

13. 54EARL

54EARL
    from Idaho
    1. A-D Truckers

I'm waiting for the road construction to finish on the road that travels by the only building with windows in my little town.

14. BlueBlurr54

BlueBlurr54
    from Caddo,OK

hell yeah i do it all the time in my 54 in durant oklahoma, its really the only place that has big plate glass windows around here

15. dadseh

dadseh

luv watchin the dragway mags spinnin in the sunshine

16. Haha, seems it's universal, I'm guilty of window watching...and lookin back......but that's usually to make sure MoFo isn't rolling off down the hill :D

17. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

I used to do that, but it freaks me out, theres some guy that always looking back at me.

18. ragtop50

ragtop50
    from UK

Hell yeah can't help but look

19. Guilty as charged!

20. Caught me lookin'! Funny.

21. fat141

fat141

Guilty down under, lookin' back too. Show that we're all NORMAL as.
    Rod

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  22. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Nope, no big glass windows in the hood, they get broke to often!

23. Back in the mid 60's the local VW Dealership had large plate glass windows that you could see the entire car without distortion if you drove buy the showroom real slow.

Almost every weekend I had to see what my jacked up Falcon Sprint looked like.

Hum,I think I might need to take the pickup by there tonight! :D HRP

24. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

I do this but it scares the crap out of me, because there is some old dude driving the car and he looks vaguley familiar.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  25. ratfink56

ratfink56

can't believe nobody has posted pics of themselves doing this!

26. NWRacing

NWRacing

If we wern't such a vain lot we would be driving Hondas with the rest of the sheep

27. Corey74

Corey74

Holy Cow, I grew up in Ransom and my wife is from Hays. OT, but the location caught me off guard!

28. 1320/150

1320/150

guilty... A shiny new black truck works pretty good too!! I do the whole car swap thing also!!!

29. EyeballJohn

EyeballJohn

I do it just to remember what side the gas goes in :D

30. Lazer5000

Lazer5000

I used to go the LONG way on all my errands just so I could drive by the "Glass Palace". I looked damn good in that '60 Cad.