Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for Flathead builder SLC,UT "Roger"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JF, Jun 30, 2008.

1. JF

JF
    from Utah

I spoke with a Roger here in Salt Lake City, Ut a while back to get my flathead V8 rebuilt but have since lost his number and don't know his last name or how to get in contact with him. Anyone here know of him or of other flathead rebuilders in Utah?
    Thanks
    Josh
    ps I have talked to Strausburg in Lindon, Ut but not sure who I will use yet. thx again :)

2. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

Contact Uncle Max-----------he knows everyone in the area.

3. JF

JF
    from Utah

Right, I have met him too, he's a really nice guy, not sure why I didn't think of that! duh.

Thanks
    Josh

4. blacknblue

blacknblue
    from utah

His name is Roger Nelson, he lived in sugarhouse last I heard of him, my father had a couple of engines built by him. dont have his number sorry!!

5. JF

JF
    from Utah

Thank You, last names really do help! :) I'm getting excited to really get started on my 51 f1 project. (Rather than just staring at it) lol

6. acosta

acosta

I know your post is a couple of years old, but I saw on the HAMB you were looking for THE flathead builder in Utah. I'm not sure if you were ever able to get his number, but I bet you did since you got his name.

Roger Nelson
    over 45 years experience with classic american V8

Still going strong, but now retired and trying to put more time on his personal projects. He is a good friend of mine. I used to live in Provo, and I have hung out with him often, tearing him away from work to go to swaps and junk yards and chase down rumors of cars and parts.

You can get on his good side real fast by showing up with a cold Coke (find some in glass at Costco and put em on ice). That'll get him to smile for sure.

acosta

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. 31wrecker

31wrecker

I know this is a very old post but just an FYI he is still doing flatheads. I just took mine down to him to rebuild. Best prices around also.

kidcampbell71, Desoto291Hemi and rod1 like this.
  8. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Did you bring him a Coke?

Budget36 and kidcampbell71 like this.