Register now to get rid of these ads!

292 Inline Six

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigrickl74, Sep 16, 2010.

1. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

I just picked up the motor I wanted for $25. It's a 292 six banger out of a 60s chevy. I love the way they sound with straight pips. Good price for that motor I think. I would like to run three carbs and I no the intakes are out there. Can I bolt up and go with the stock motor or are there other changes I need to make? I am putting it in my 48 ply coupe and will run a 350 trans for now. I would like to see pictures of others if there out there or links to threads if you no of them.

Thanks, Big Rick

2. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

Looking for pic of 292 six bangers!

3. 22rdstrguy

22rdstrguy

4. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Have you seen and heard the engine running? If it runs good and not knocking or pushing blue you got a good deal at 25 bucks. I would make sure you got a solid engine before putting 3 carbs or other hop up stuff on it.

5. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

It is a good motor. Got from my wifes cuz. It smoked a bit but i will go through it well.

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Google "Inliners International". Personally, I think a big Holley 2 barrel on a Clifford intake is a better way to go (even a small 4 barrel). Chassis Engineering has conversion mounts, but you'll probably have to modify things a bit to use them in a 48 Plymouth; 48 Chevy, no problem. Better yet, turbo charge it. Butch/56sedandelivery.