Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rebel Run, Ohio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paintcan54, Sep 15, 2010.

1. paintcan54

paintcan54

Just a few days away, anybody going to "The Rebel Run", in Lima Ohio this weekend. I will be going over from Indy tommrow.

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I will be there sarturday and sunday.

3. vert1940

vert1940

will be there friday-thru sunday

4. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

I will be there Sat.

5. Malibob

Malibob
    from Pittsburgh

any more info on it? sounds interesting

6. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I went last year and had a good time. Staying home to run the Grande Salon Antique and Classic Car Auction at Glenmoor this Saturday.

More info: http://www.rebelrun.org/

Have fun!

7. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

James Dean wasn't from Ohio...wait til the next weekend: Ducktail and James Dean Run in Grant County, Indiana!

Or do both weekends, if you must. ;)

8. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

We'll be there Friday and Saturday. Look for the Hollywood Knights banner, and stop and say hi.

9. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

Going up Thursday or Friday. Yeah, James Dean was from Fairmont and that's where the Rebel Run started years ago. It's found a nice home in Lima and the fellow that puts it on is pretty cool. It's turned into a nice show. Gas City is one not to miss but the Dean Run????

10. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

The Rebel Run started in Gas City, not Fairmount. Fairmount, James Dean's home town, is where the James Dean Run has always been since like 1978. The Ducktail Run was the replacement for the Rebel Run, after Stockton (think that's his name) wanted to start charging admission so they ran him out of town...first down to Anderson or something and then out of the state to Ohio. I've heard it is a good show now, so that's good. And I agree that lately the Ducktail has been better than the original show in Fairmount, but they kinda compliment each other in my opinion. This is my hometown area as well, so I've not missed these shows more than once since I was a grade schooler... ;)

11. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

From what I have heard is the Rebel run started out after a split up of the people running the James Dean show and went to Gas city so you can technically say it started in Fairmount but was at Gas City for many years

12. FalconEddie1964

FalconEddie1964

Yep, then it went to Muncie, Marion, then Lima. Been going over to that area for way over twenty years, had some good times and some bad. Most of the guys I originally started going with are all gone now but it's still a fun weekend. I remember the first time to Gas City on Saturday nite with all the flame throwers it was like a war zone. Man that was fun. LeRoy has a lot of entertainment going on at the Rebel Run now. There's plenty to do to keep ya out of trouble.

13. I may try for Saturday.

14. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

never been to the Rebel Run and would like to check it out Saturday but the above link is weak on info.

Where is it?
    Swap meet?
    opening time?

Thanks.

Bill

15. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

The Rebel Run is a great show. Lots of quality cars come to it, not to mention Gene Winfield is usually there and Joe Ballion has been there to.
    I have friends who drive all the way from VA to the show. Its not a huge show like a good guys event you can see everything and move around without a traffic jam.

16. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

wont be there, some one PLEASE take some shots and post up for losers like me that cant make it

17. ill be heading up for saturday and ill have camera in hand

18. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

I will be there Fri and Sat. This is one of my Favorite shows.. Lot of cool cars and people..

19. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Is my post invisible?
    I`m asking for a better link for info about the event or just tell us where and when.

Anyone?

20. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Allen County fairgrounds Lima Ohio this weekend.

21. Lowmerc50

Lowmerc50

Hi Aerocolr...
    It is in lima. At the Allen county fairgrounds.. Not sure on times 7 till 5 ?? They have a swap. It is kind of a small swap but not bad.. Dayton is not that far well worth the trip.. Hope this helps

22. vert1940

vert1940

aerocolor....8 to 8 on saturday.....allen county fairgrounds in lima...right off of 75...don't know if there is a swap meet or not

23. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

Thanks guys. A little over an hour drive. Gotta check it out. Good trip for the roadster.

24. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Here is an event schedule (just a click away on their homepage ;) :D):
    http://www.rebelrun.org/events.htm

It isn't on the schedule but I'm pretty sure they are having midget racing on Saturday. I highly suggest heading over to the track to check it out!

They are, I found this on another site: "Featuring Golden Years Race Days on Friday at 6:00 p.m. and Saturday at 12:00 noon - re-living early Sprint Car, Midget and two man Speedster Exhibition Racing...just as it was in yesteryear! 2-Heats, featuring all classes including 40's, 50's, TQ's, Midgets, Stocks and Big Cars. Cars will be on display before and after the race with an opportunity to talk to the drivers and crews."

http://consumer.discoverohio.com/searchdetails.aspx?detail=54621

That is what I will miss the most :(

25. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

26. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

I'll be there. Look for a pink Marlin.