Register now to get rid of these ads!

1936 Ford Patch Panels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brigrat, Sep 14, 2010.

1. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

Have a '36 5/W in the shop that needs floor patch panels and front of rear fenders have rust where they meet the running boards, who do you recommend I deal with for replacement sheet metal parts for the '36? It may need moree don't know yet. Thanks

2. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Um, seeing the work done on the '36 Roadster project, I'd have Salt Flats hammer 'em out for ya! I LOVE that project! Doesn't Dennis Carpenter, Drake, or Rootliebs make all manner of patch panels for early Fords?

Brian

4. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

Bob Drake , Or perhaps " Bitchin products " could assist .

5. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I have bought mags since I was 10 years old, stopped buying them several years ago, don't go to many car events, point being is the HAMB & internet is my only source of info these days that's why I ask these simple to you questions.
    Thought about Chris at Salt Flats BUT shipping fenders and such seems costly and problematic. Will call the suppliers that you guys have mentioned. Thanks

6. Brig, I bought my driver side floor pan from Bradley, REAL nice piece but I've been hearing that guys are waiting a real long time for them now. When I bought from them in 94 I got the panel in short order. The fender patches I bought from EMS and was completely satisfied with the fit and finish although I have read that some of their panels do not fit so very good. The only thing I saw about the fender patches was that the roll didnt match up exactly between the patch and the fender, nothing that a strip of sheet stock couldnt fix. Happy hunting, Mitch.

7. 58Lincoln

58Lincoln

EMS makes the panel for the rear fender section that attaches to runningboard.

I use Bitchin Products floors because I know they use 16 gauge steel.

Good Luck.

8. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

ems make sthose panels. work great--used a few.

9. carbuilder

carbuilder

Bradley floor pans 18 month wate. Ems fender to running board patches are 18 gage & the original is 19 gage they can be reworked & the inner braces need to be reworked. to fit just takes time. Coupe ,roadster ,cabriolet rear fenders are 1 1/2 inches wider & about 1 1/2 inches longer then sedan , pheaton fenders the wheel arch is slightly different radius also.

10. any of these companies have websites you can buy from?