Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser Round up @ Muro Bros. Hot Rod Ranch, Lompoc Ca.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Panneton Bros. Racing, Aug 18, 2010.

1. The Muro Bros. who were recently covered in Hot Rod Magazine (the one with the yellow Reinero Bros. Willys on the cover) 55DaveMillerJohnCerena507muck-vi.jpg and also restored the "Spirit of San Fernando" '55, are having a BBQ/Gasser get together at their place in Lompoc, Ca. The tentative date is saturday Sept. 18th. 2010. Dave Wallace and some of the other guys who write for Hot Rod / Hot Rod Deluxe etc. will be there also. Because they are gonna feed you, they would like an RSVP and are asking for a $5.00 minimum donation towards the food. I met these guys a couple of years ago at the 1st Drag Fest in Bakersfield and they are all very cool as well as their friends. If you would like to RSVP or inquire about the get together you can call Gil Muro @(805)757-1765, or e-mail him ([email protected]). Even if your car is not done, bring it. I'm gonna drag mine on the frame rails if I have to. This will be a great time to meet and mingle with a bunch of gasser enthusiasts as well as some of the magazine media.

2. Gil called me about that. But, I'll be up North that weekend. I sure hope someone posts pictures;)

3. I'll take plenty and post em.

4. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Wow. Sure would like to attend. I absolutely LOVE that car too.

Looking forward to LOTS of photos (please?!?!?!)

5. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

I should go to this....but I'm already signed up for Billetproof up north....decisions..decisions!!

6. "bump" (just trying to get the word out).

7. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Sounds like fun. I wish it wasn't on the other side of the country.

8. Yes, get lots of pictures!

9. Sigspeed

Sigspeed

sounds like a good time

10. Bring your vette!

11. Met Gil tonight, came by the shop and told me about this. sounds like fun

12. CalGasser

CalGasser

Bad News Willys and Kiwi Kev's coupe will be there!

13. Bitchen! Thanks for coming guys. I've drooled over bad news for years (do you still have the 125 mph speeding ticket taped to the dash). I will be great to me you and Kev, I really liked the '56 he used to have too.

14. CalGasser

CalGasser

The ticket is long gone but my pocketbook still hurts... :mad: It'll be nice to meet everyone and seeing your '56. It will be a great time with all the Gassers there, really looking forward to it!

15. Butch M

Butch M

Man I wish I could go.....

16. uwonamos

uwonamos
    from Omaha, Ne

Hell, I just want to come so I can meet Vic & Kev AND Gasser guys are the COOLEST.:D Dan

17. CalGasser

CalGasser

Hey Dan, why don't you just jump on a plane and head down here? I can set you up with a motel close by or you can stay at my place. Really looking forward to this event, it should be a blast! While here, you can check out Kevin's museum...:D Vic

18. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wish we weren't on the other side of the earth. This would be great:D
    Gasser Girl

19. Just Bump'n back to the top, 15 days and counting!

20. CalGasser

CalGasser

14 days and counting... Anyone else showing up? Sounds like we'll have a nice gathering of Gassers present, can't wait! :p

21. hcar

hcar
    from Santa Ynez

I got a call about this last week thinking of taking the 33
    [​IMG]

22. Bumpin to the top.., its this saturday!

23. CalGasser

CalGasser

Go for it Hank! Kevin's "Nasty Habit" Willys is running and will be there. Only 3 days to go... anyone else?

24. no55mad

no55mad

Will make a big effort to be there!!

Attached Files:

25. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

Gil bought some mags from me for the front of his 55. Helluva nice guy. He called and invited me out, but I wont be able to make it. Sure wish I could. Sounds like it will be a blast. Have fun guys.

26. hcar

hcar
    from Santa Ynez

Yea I saw Kevin at the Woodies show in SB and he told me he got it running, are you taking the Willys?

27. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

I use to to live in Lompoc and actually graduated High school there in 1966 and cruised up and down Ocean and sometimes H street in several different Gasers some of which I owned myself and many other cars many years ago so take lots of pictures maybe I can see my old cars if they are still around